Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey just wondering if anyone has notice any paint defects on their Koup. I've noticed a lot of surface scratches on every panel of the car, even panels that are not susceptible to dings and scratches such as the hood, the A and B pillars and even on the roof. My vehicle spends the majority of the time in the garage other than in the parking lot a work which is controlled. I've only had the vehicle for 3 months now and even when they first delivered the vehicle, I noticed some of these scratches and had the dealership attempt to get some of them out; which was 100% fixed. I've also noticed paint swirls and not sure if this is because of the black color or a true paint defect.

So just wondering if anyone else has this issue and if anyone has reviewed warranty in depth to see whether this would be covered under warranty and the dealership should be either rebuffing the finish or repaint the entire vehicle.

Hope someone can help me out.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Something bad happened in transit!
The reason they are showing up now is because the dealer had the damage masked by wax and buffing! Only lasts about 3-4 months!
Get a Lawyer!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hey just wondering if anyone has notice any paint defects on their Koup. I've noticed a lot of surface scratches on every panel of the car, even panels that are not susceptible to dings and scratches such as the hood, the A and B pillars and even on the roof. My vehicle spends the majority of the time in the garage other than in the parking lot a work which is controlled. I've only had the vehicle for 3 months now and even when they first delivered the vehicle, I noticed some of these scratches and had the dealership attempt to get some of them out; which was 100% fixed. I've also noticed paint swirls and not sure if this is because of the black color or a true paint defect.

So just wondering if anyone else has this issue and if anyone has reviewed warranty in depth to see whether this would be covered under warranty and the dealership should be either rebuffing the finish or repaint the entire vehicle.

Hope someone can help me out.
No the paint swirls are not because of the black color.. and it could be a paint defect caused by the dealer not using the proper buffer pad on your car.. The best suggestion I can give you is to get some swirl remover at your local auto parts store.. and if that doesn't work then I would for sure go back to the dealer...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts