Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey just wondering if anyone has notice any paint defects on their Koup. I've noticed a lot of surface scratches on every panel of the car, even panels that are not susceptible to dings and scratches such as the hood, the A and B pillars and even on the roof. My vehicle spends the majority of the time in the garage other than in the parking lot a work which is controlled. I've only had the vehicle for 3 months now and even when they first delivered the vehicle, I noticed some of these scratches and had the dealership attempt to get some of them out; which was 100% fixed. I've also noticed paint swirls and not sure if this is because of the black color or a true paint defect.

So just wondering if anyone else has this issue and if anyone has reviewed warranty in depth to see whether this would be covered under warranty and the dealership should be either rebuffing the finish or repaint the entire vehicle.

Hope someone can help me out.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hey just wondering if anyone has notice any paint defects on their Koup. I've noticed a lot of surface scratches on every panel of the car, even panels that are not susceptible to dings and scratches such as the hood, the A and B pillars and even on the roof. My vehicle spends the majority of the time in the garage other than in the parking lot a work which is controlled. I've only had the vehicle for 3 months now and even when they first delivered the vehicle, I noticed some of these scratches and had the dealership attempt to get some of them out; which was 100% fixed. I've also noticed paint swirls and not sure if this is because of the black color or a true paint defect.

So just wondering if anyone else has this issue and if anyone has reviewed warranty in depth to see whether this would be covered under warranty and the dealership should be either rebuffing the finish or repaint the entire vehicle.

Hope someone can help me out.
That sounds like issues with the shipping or storage of the car.
I have some MAJOR Orange Peel action but not scratches.
What color is the car?

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Well I had a few surface scratches from day one too, my car was in the showroom so some of the dealers used my car as a table.
I find the paint is super fragile and my car is black as well.

As far as warrenty goes on paint says in the manual any paint defect, ie runs in paint, bubble in the clear coat etc that kind of thing is covered for a short time after the car is bought.. I think a few months but I can't remember for sure.

But I've seen other here not just black cars that have had same problems with the paint.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That sounds like issues with the shipping or storage of the car.
I have some MAJOR Orange Peel action but not scratches.
What color is the car?

The car is black... and are you talking like storage in my garage or at the dealer prior to me taking ownership? Do you think these scratches would be covered under warranty for repair or repainting?

·
Registered
576 Posts
I'm afraid thats a problem that comes with owning a black car. My Black Forte Sedan showed every little scratch and you could easily see paint swirls, I kept the polish up on it to keep it looking good. My red koup is far more forgiving I don't notice any swirls or scrathes best of all it never looks that dirty especially with dust.

·
Registered
519 Posts
iv noticed it alot on my blue koup.... almost every time i wash it i have to use a clay bar or scratch doctor on the passenger side door where my g/f gets in cuz her rings or fake nails scratch it up and iv noticed some other spots on the front bumper...

·
Registered
513 Posts
iv noticed it alot on my blue koup.... almost every time i wash it i have to use a clay bar or scratch doctor on the passenger side door where my g/f gets in cuz her rings or fake nails scratch it up and iv noticed some other spots on the front bumper...
Sorry to thread steal, but I find this hilarious because my wife has pretty much scratched the entire interior with her keys and ring. I guess I can take part blame for buying her a sharp diamond.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.