Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok apparently I seem to be one of the only guys that likes the sx wheels but anyway I am considering blacking them out. The question I have is that the silver pat of the wheels are plastic and I was wondering how you guys went around painting the wheels?

·
Registered
76 Posts
The easiest way is to just remove the inserts and leave em' off...But if you want to go all black with the inserts you can paint them like I did...Just find a good match to the black on the rim, give em' a few coats then clear coat them...You can see pics of my red ones in my profile :)

·
Registered
144 Posts
No joke I just did this today, and am still waiting on the clear to cure before I handle it.

I took the inserts out and scuffed them with 400grit followed by 3M Surface Prep Solvent. I used Krylon Indoor/Outdoor Gloss Black, and Krylon Industrial Clear. I don't know how the color match turned out yet, later tomorrow I'll put them on.

20 inserts is a lot to work with:eek: but hopefully they turn out

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
I personally love the sx wheels and when I upgrade wheels and tires, ill be buying the sx wheels. I wouldn't change them

·
Registered
144 Posts
I personally love the sx wheels and when I upgrade wheels and tires, ill be buying the sx wheels. I wouldn't change them
If we weren't so far I would've been up for a swap. I want 16's for winter instead of steelies, and buy 18's in the spring.

I took my time to get the best job I could. I couldn't help but grab one and put it in quick. I can't wait to see them all tomorrow, with 'Koup' center caps off ebay installed too.

mgrowc1 - what color is your car?

Attachments

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
racing red!

I painted the calipers this weekend and put some new carbon fibre center caps in and actually love the look now. I will leave it for a while and see how I like them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts