Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you guys think about a black hood on a corsa blue sx koup? Maybe have a metallic black?
Does anyone have photoshop skills?

·
Premium Member
905 Posts
Here is my quick attempt.

I think if its on an SX it would look best if the paint matched the front fascia. I, clearly, had a hard time recreating that.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
I think black would look good black metallic would be better I think.
or you could buy a CF hood.. or you could wrap it with that carbon fiber tape stuff? just putting it out there as other ideas :)

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
im going to CF vinyl wrap my hood and the bridge of my spoiler and the side caps as well. much cheaper than getting those parts CF and probably the same price as painting them BUT if i dont like it down the road or it starts to get shoddy, i can just take it off... cant do that with paint.

·
Premium Member
646 Posts
If anyone in Texas wants some electrical mods, body mods or paint work done, let me know. I happen to know a guy and it would be worth the trip.

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
3,885 Posts
KorsaBlue...painting your hood is permanent and if you find you don't like it you'd have to pay for repainting again. Try to find a Koup owner/enthusiast of a black Koup or sedan and see if he/she would let you put their hood on your car to see what it would look like. Then if you think it looks good you can get yours painted...or you could just drive away and hope they can't find you. Maybe in time they'll get use to a black car with a blue hood...LoL

·
Registered
377 Posts
KorsaBlue where are you from... I bought a CF hood. And since my original hood is black perhaps you would want it? If your not too far away it might be worth the trip.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
I say go with stainless steel. Then don't have to worry about those damn rock chips. God I hate those.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I don't know, I'm not a fan of a black hood on a forte, CF or not unless the roof is black too. I am partial to a black roof though, but a black roof on almost any car looks great.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
my personal view or idea was

If I was going to do cf or if I had a car of any color other then black,

I'd paint the outer sides of the hood the color of the car.. because the look like part of the fender
Does that make sence to anybody else?
could somebody photo shop that so I and others can see how that looks?
plz and thank you with cherries on top :)

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hmm interesting idea... Im in Florida by the way, and I dont want to drive to Mass. Thanks though! :D

The only reason im asking is because I got money from a company because their product scratched my car. They gave me money to pain the entire hood, so Im trying to think of doing something different. The reason I picked a black hood is because the black grill and fog lights might look good with it.. but I dont know.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I wish we had a car with the stock grill to photoshop with. If i got blakc paint, I would make it metallic. I still dont know if it would look good, or make the car look like a patchwork quilt.

·
Registered
377 Posts
You could check into matte wrap. I think if you matte wrapped just the hood it would look very unique.

·
Premium Member
976 Posts
Don't do wrap!!! My roof is a pita to keep clean and it's already contaminated. (I have 3M wrap for those inquiering).
I personaly don't like other (than body) color on our hood because on the shape of it.
It go down on the fender and make it weird when it's not the same color!
My 2 pennys!

·
Registered
318 Posts
korsa blue if your ganna get it painted go to my dads shop!! victory lane autobody on spruce creek road and commonwealth. great work is done there =D

1 - 20 of 27 Posts