Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
painted my calipers today. now, i am a perfectionist and it took about 5hrs to do. i havnt a clue how long it would take for a professional to do it but me, 5 :). taking the calipers off was easy. just 2 screws/bolts that hold it in and i rested it on top of an old trash can that we have here at home. the tough part was taking the tires off cuz those puppies were on there tight and while the paint was drying i cleaned them. i covered up what didnt need to get painted and i spray painted and used a brush on each caliper. then, put it back on and touched it up. it was actually pretty easy and i am not mechanically inclined what so ever and i was able to do it so you should be able to haha if any1 has any tips for keepin it nice and shiny, do tell.

Attachments

·
Registered
587 Posts
Great Job! Looks really sexy!

·
Registered
104 Posts
yeah im planning on doing mine blue. i have to wait until i get my koup back from the dealer. they are gonna keep it for a week. i dropped it off today and i already miss it ='[..

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I drove mine almost straight away with no problems, I waited a short while and paint was dry
same here. i waited about about a couple of hours after i had finished to clean up but the paint was fine. im totally lovin it!

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
I used Duplicolor on my previous car and drove it after a couple of hours. A month later the paint was flaking and peeling off. After a few months it looked like crap.

·
Registered
51 Posts
the red calipers look good on a white car! i'm gonna definitely do this one soon. red on silver's fine right? anyway good job! if you can do it, i prolly can too since i'm more noob than you. haha

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
well this was really the first thing i had EVER done with my car that was this in depth. the first one took the longest cuz i didnt really know what i was doing but once i got a routine i did the others better and faster. and i think red on silver would look good!

·
Registered
202 Posts
I used Duplicolor on my previous car and drove it after a couple of hours. A month later the paint was flaking and peeling off. After a few months it looked like crap.
wow really?? Damn I was ganna go for that brand , they seem like a good quality company, damn you shure it was high temperature paint?? :confused:

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Yup it was the caliper paint. Mind you I didn't let it sit for 24 hours prior to driving it like it states on the instructions and I think that is why it peeled and flaked off. My brother did his G6 at the same time but it was at his house and he didn't drive his until next day and he didn't have the problem I had.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Looks nice! Will be doing mine this weekend.

·
Premium Member
1,533 Posts
Anyone that's in the USA. Have you found the caliper kit in any stores ? I would prefer to pick it up vs ordering online.

I went to one autozone and the only had limited caliper paint but not the kit.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Anyone that's in the USA. Have you found the caliper kit in any stores ? I would prefer to pick it up vs ordering online.

I went to one autozone and the only had limited caliper paint but not the kit.
Do you have Advance Auto parts in Pa.? They have the kits.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I actually ordered G2 Caliper Paint online along with a "forte koup" caliper decal. Then I put a few coats of wheel coating on top to make sure the decal would stick for a while. No problems so far and it looks great. God knows how long it will last, however.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts