Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
well i started painting my wheels this morning. also i got my bright lip spoiler in today, which i installed immediatly lol but im scuffing then priming then painting then clear coating each wheel. so far ive 2 wheels done and currently drying. been at it since 10. let em dry, put em on and then go on to the back two wheels. im using a flat black paint and the wheels look so sick and i cant wait to get em on the car. will post pics of the wheels and spoiler later on. cheers!

Zach

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
im not gunna lie this looks so sick. but its like 94 deg here and im burnt up! lol shoulda used sunscreen and had a shirt on. doh! but ya im loving it

·
Registered
453 Posts
i was sweating my ass off putting in my hids today. take a pic of your center caps after they have been painted, maybe some close up pics. was the bright spoiler $190 painted and shipped?

·
Registered
144 Posts
I'm gunna paint my SX inserts anyday now and I was tossing between gloss and flat black. Is the clear over the flat taking away from the matte finish much overall?

Looks good!

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
bright spoiler was 190 shipped. i ordered it on the 16th and it came in today when i was just starting to do my wheels so shipping was pretty fast, imo. the clear cover is giving it a bit of a shine but its not really taking away from its look. i personally love it. i didnt drive it at all today cuz i wanna make sure it fully dries. the center caps are completly black now. you cant even see the kia logo anymore. if you get down on your hands and knees you might be able to see something but you cant really make out what it is. i personally wanted to do that cuz, well black wheels with a silver center cap = gross. if anyone is interested in the spoiler but DOESNT like the fact is has a Bright logo, it actually isnt made on there. there's a spot to put it but its just a decal you put on. i'll take pics of the caps later on but right now im soaking my back in some aloe gel haha oops

·
Registered
204 Posts
That looks good man. Nice job! Do you plan on installing fogs in your car? I would like to do it on mine but seems I can only find the glossy black housing assembly for the fogs where we have the flat black. You could prolly pull off the glossy black ones on your car but I think it would look odd on mine.

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ya i really wanna put fogs in. i actually have the assembly and gloss covers but i just havent gotten around to doing it. i'll prolly take it to the dealer and have them do it. they said they'd do it for 45 which isnt bad.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Oh really. $45 is not bad at all IMO. I don't know if you know but how are they wired up? Do they add some sort of switch so you can toggle them off and on or are they wired up so they are always on when they headlights are on?

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Their isn't a wiring harness out yet from kia but I'm sure you can make your own. And the 45 is to just put them in w/o wiring.

·
Registered
453 Posts
like it:D:D:D and the fog lights, im sure the dealership can install them on the stock ex housing. all they'd have to do is cut out where the fogs go...right? im personally waiting for the carbon fiber ones to come out like the gt koups, but doubt that will happen

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
no i have the gloss black inserts. the flat black cover doesnt have the components on it so i would have to make brackets for the lights.

·
Registered
453 Posts
i bet they can take the gloss coating off. also take some pics of your spoiler tomorrow in the day time and did you put the bright badge on. what size is the insert for that badge. i was thinking about putting "koup" in there with little decals/stickers and stripping the chrome "koup" badge off

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The spot for the bright decal is small. Maybe 1/4 inch tall and 1inch wide. And no I didn't put it on. Ill take pics of the spoiler but you can see it good in the better pics I took. It looks real nice

1 - 16 of 16 Posts