Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
whats up yall?

just a quick question, if i ordered a spoiler from somewhere, could i take it to the dealer to match the color? whats the best way to match the colors exactly as a damn near perfect as you can get? theres a spoiler i want, but its stupid expencive painted. i can find it cheap not painted. so i figure that might be the better route.

anythoughts? have yall matched paint yet?

·
Registered
348 Posts
Since your car is new, matching paint is REALLY easy for any qualified bodyshop to do. It's when you're dealing with something older that things can get tricky, but they even have that pretty much figured out by now.

Edit: don't take it to the dealer, directly... go to a bodyshop. The dealer (unless they have a bodyshop onsite) will cost more as the dealer will just take the bodyshop price and mark it up to resell to you.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
so matching paint for the Corsa Blue Koup would be easy, never would have guessed that. the people i talked to about getting there trucks painted ect always told me it was hard to match.

should have come here first lol.

any one got a ball park price on how much it would cost to paint one of the Sequence GT spoilers?

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
and more than likely the dealer wont paint it themselves. they'll outsource it to a company that deals with it so its really pointless to take it to a dealer. plus, they'll charge more.

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
I got mine painted for like 75. And mine had to be primed over again and painted. :) Just shop around and don't be afraid to haggle!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts