Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Vendor
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys! Just wanted to remind everyone that today is the last day to get 20% OFF your purchase of a Race Chip GTS! If you were thinking about pulling the trigger on one of these bad boys, now is the time! If you have and questions or are on the fence about this product, feel free to shoot me a message. You can also check out our YouTube video covering the RaceChip here!

Chip tuning is an easy way to get an instant bump in power!
RaceChip GTS features include:
7 fine tuning mappings
Up to +20% MPG
2-year engine warranty
1x re-programming if you change your car
App control (optional, +$60 USD)
Output device Input device Peripheral Font Gadget

·
Premium Member
2022 Kia Forte GT/w GT2
16 Posts
It's Charing $60 for the app. Gts 499, with app 559. Not that I would pay anything close to that for a "chip mod". Getting it dynoed and modded is the only real way.
However, if all you need is a bit of a peddle mod, then 20% off is nice.

Thanks for sharing.

·
Vendor
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's Charing $60 for the app. Gts 499, with app 559. Not that I would pay anything close to that for a "chip mod". Getting it dynoed and modded is the only real way.
However, if all you need is a bit of a peddle mod, then 20% off is nice.

Thanks for sharing.
Thanks for that catch. Looks like our description was not updated with pricing.

There are advantages and disadvantages to both the RaceChip and an ECU Flash tune. With the RaceChip, you get 7 fine tuning maps for gradual custom-fit and an easy to control digital user interface which makes adjustments very easy, rather than getting an appointment with a tuner on a dyno to make ECU adjustments. The main factor is price. RaceChip claims +30% HP and +30% TQ, which is pretty significant for sub $600. Getting a ECU Flash tune on a dyno would be significantly more expensive and gains would be fairly similar. Of course the RaceChip can only adjust so many parameters within the car as compared to an ECU tune, but unless you are going for very large power gains (Bigger turbo, bigger injectors, race fuel, etc.) the RaceChip is an awesome option.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I think most of this thread has been deleted for some reason... but i gave it a shot and went with the gts on my 2022 with DCT. My own personal opinion is that it’s 10% performance and 90% placebo power... same as when someone ads a new custom shift knob and then drives out of the auto zone parking lot beating the snot out of their car power shifting.
Every bit of power helps but I think your money can do better in other places.

·
Registered
2020 KIA Forte GT Manual
430 Posts
I think most of this thread has been deleted for some reason... but i gave it a shot and went with the gts on my 2022 with DCT. My own personal opinion is that it’s 10% performance and 90% placebo power... same as when someone ads a new custom shift knob and then drives out of the auto zone parking lot beating the snot out of their car power shifting.
Every bit of power helps but I think your money can do better in other places.
I probably would agree with you if I had a DCT Forte. I didn't think my Seltos with the same engine/transmission like your Forte needed it. The sport mode is reallly good with the DCT.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I probably would agree with you if I had a DCT Forte. I didn't think my Seltos with the same engine/transmission like your Forte needed it. The sport mode is reallly good with the DCT.
I tried all the settings.. all of them felt stock with exception of #5 (default setting) which kept surging and setting #7 which surprisingly drives really nice with just a tad of extra power.. not sure if I can get away with leaving it on 7 all the time but it does not appear as if it’s causing unnecessary abuse to the motor.

·
Registered
2020 KIA Forte GT Manual
430 Posts
I tried all the settings.. all of them felt stock with exception of #5 (default setting) which kept surging and setting #7 which surprisingly drives really nice with just a tad of extra power.. not sure if I can get away with leaving it on 7 all the time but it does not appear as if it’s causing unnecessary abuse to the motor.
You have to regap the spark plugs to around .022-.025" or get better spark plugs. The stock ones are fine for stock, but need to be regapped because of the higher boost with the Racechip. Or, run different spark plugs and stronger ignition coils if you want to keep the gap at factory specs.

·
Premium Member
2022 Kia Forte GT/w GT2
16 Posts
You have to regap the spark plugs to around .022-.025" or get better spark plugs. The stock ones are fine for stock, but need to be regapped because of the higher boost with the Racechip. Or, run different spark plugs and stronger ignition coils if you want to keep the gap at factory specs.
The better plugs and coils alone will make a huge difference. Chips are mostly gimmicks with minor tweaks. A cheap peddle mod would do more for most people. The lower response time is always a plus.

·
Registered
2020 KIA Forte GT Manual
430 Posts
The better plugs and coils alone will make a huge difference. Chips are mostly gimmicks with minor tweaks. A cheap peddle mod would do more for most people. The lower response time is always a plus.
I wouldn't say "gimmick" in a sense that it really isn't any different from what we did back in the 80s/90s to increase boost. We used to delay pressure in mechanical wastegates with a pressure regulator valves in old turbo cars to increase boost, or use an electronic version of a pressure regulator valve like the old HKS EVC. Or like we used to do with Celica turbos by adding a diode in the MAP sensor so the ECU won't go into "boost cut" and limit the boost. The racechip does work pretty much the same way. Even tuning the ECU does the same thing, but way better, and you have more to adjust than just boost.

·
Registered
2020 Forte GT
551 Posts
I tested GTS with app from panda (very bad customer experience/and this unit with it claims)(Thier youtube dyno numbers got called out in FB groups making them look bad and promotion of fake gains). JB4, and now ECU tuned. Race Chip was the bottom end. If going with a piggyback system JB4 is a winner over the Race Chip hands down. You can get a ECU tune for $400-$600. The Rep above saying the gains are similar to ECU tune is bogus product promotion.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts