Kia Forte Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought new ice blue bulbs for parklights, I'm not too sure how to remove the bulbs from the light assembly. I tried pulling on the black base no good also tried twisting them, any help appreciated :confused:

·
Registered
62 Posts
First you have to remove the headlight by removing the two screws on top of the light. I believe it is a 10mm socket. Then disconnect the wiring harness. Then you have to push a small tab on the back of the bulb near where the high beams are located. After removal of the headlight the parking bulbs have a small cap that looks like this (|) with a raised ridge on the center. You have to twist the cap and the cap will come off with the parking bulbs on the inside of the cap. Twist the parking bulb to remove it. After it is removed set it aside and put the new bulb in. It should go down and then twist to lock into place. If it wont twist then you have it in backwards.

Let me know if you can figure it out from these instructions. If not, I will go out and take step by step pictures from whatever step you are stuck at. I actually just put in white parking bulbs today, wish you would have posted earlier so I could have done a step by step.

·
Registered
34 Posts
HAte to bump an old thread but......

to remove THIS bulb (aka dim parklight bulb thingy):

I have to pull the ENTIRE headlight assembly? And this is a 2357 bulb?

·
Registered
34 Posts
noodile, overseas d00d......it's a long commute to get where I am LOL.

Checked with the SG forums.....I should be able to get at it with the headlight in place (which makes more sense).

on another note, they claim that their cars use an H7 low beam, unlike the blurb I saw on this forum about an H11B! I'll try to pull one of the low beams over the weekend to see exactly what cars in Trinidad are equipped with.

·
Registered
3,919 Posts
No North american cars use H7. American cars use H11b. Non US cars don't have working corner lights, just turn signals.

·
Registered
2 Posts
noodile, overseas d00d......it's a long commute to get where I am LOL.

Checked with the SG forums.....I should be able to get at it with the headlight in place (which makes more sense).

on another note, they claim that their cars use an H7 low beam, unlike the blurb I saw on this forum about an H11B! I'll try to pull one of the low beams over the weekend to see exactly what cars in Trinidad are equipped with.
So what's the final word? Did it come out when you pulled hard enough? Did you have to twist it or press some ridge? Did you have to take off the entire assembly?

·
Registered
938 Posts
So what's the final word? Did it come out when you pulled hard enough? Did you have to twist it or press some ridge? Did you have to take off the entire assembly?
This thread is 9 year sold and BlueSE3P hasn't logged in in 8 years.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts