Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone here leave their parking lights on over night, apparently my friends told me this morning that the parking lights were on over night. This morning the car was no different, and it started normal (no long cranks or anything). Anyone had the same thing?

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
the parking lights will stay on if you do something special. that is, if your drivers side door is closed and you get into the car and put the key in through your passenger side and then you take the key out and close your door, your parking lights willl stay on. you have to go around to the drivers side door and open it and they'll turn off. now if you get in and out of your drivers side door then they'll turn off no matter what. i learned that too and now thats what i do to keep my led strips on at shows w/o having my key in the car. i just open the passenger side door, insert the key, turn just one click, and then take the key out and close the door. or you can have your drivers window down and do the same and they'll stay on as well

·
Registered
973 Posts
i left my headlights on all night one time, they dimmed when I turned the car off obviously but didn't shut off all the way lol
no problems at all the next morning.

·
Registered
316 Posts
i left my headlights on all night one time, they dimmed when I turned the car off obviously but didn't shut off all the way lol
no problems at all the next morning.
If i'm not mistaken our car (like a lot of new cars) has a feature where it will kill all auxiliary power so there's enough power to start the car.

·
Registered
3,919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the parking lights will stay on if you do something special. that is, if your drivers side door is closed and you get into the car and put the key in through your passenger side and then you take the key out and close your door, your parking lights willl stay on. you have to go around to the drivers side door and open it and they'll turn off. now if you get in and out of your drivers side door then they'll turn off no matter what. i learned that too and now thats what i do to keep my led strips on at shows w/o having my key in the car. i just open the passenger side door, insert the key, turn just one click, and then take the key out and close the door. or you can have your drivers window down and do the same and they'll stay on as well
Aidensgrand, there also another way, after you kill then engine and open you driver's door (the lights switch off), before you leave, switch you headlight to OFF, then back to on. That way they'll stay on even if your drivers door is opened and closed

·
Registered
3,919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sorry for the bad spelling, I'm in class and teacher isn't happy so i'm trying to be quick :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts