Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, ive decided to find a clutch kit that will make the manual more fun to drive. There are none out for the Forte yet. Is the Forte capable of accommodating a similar part from another car? Maybe a Tiburon? Spectra?

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
shorter clutch pedal, quicker shifts, easier and more fun to drive. I would also be interested in a new clutch kit at the right price

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The clutch fitted in our car is a dual plate clutch, which is too heavy for the engine and results in sloppy gear shifts. Its the worst thing about the car IMO. Still cant find any?

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
I agree korsa. I dont HATE it but it can be improved and I feel like the 2011 model will have this improvement and if not then KIA will continue to have people complaining about the shifting/clutch problems

·
Registered
708 Posts
explain how it'll have shorter clutch pedal? generally when you install a new clutch all it will do is make the pressure harder, lower or higher engagement depending on clutch also much more sudden engagement

the sloppiness is due to the thing int the transmission to delay engagment isn't it? in which idk how much throwing in a new clutch would help

usuallly sloppy changes are more due to the shifter not the clutch

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
I see the CDV being one of are big enemys to fast shifts,
the clutch itself is not holding you back too much IMHO

Short throw shifter will help your shifting gears quicker..
removing the clutch delay valve will give you a quicker clutch ingaugement/disingaugement
So I'd start there, but lol nobody asked me

and I can't answer your question about finding a clutch for the koup
sorry:(

·
Registered
746 Posts
...hmmm..musn't of looked very hard.:) Spec has had kit for awhile. Of course, in Korea. Before a clutch kit , have you tried bleeding & top up or swap over to redline if youre not happy with shifting?

KorsaBlue wrote:Hey all, ive decided to find a clutch kit that will make the manual more fun to drive. There are none out for the Forte yet.

·
Registered
708 Posts
I see the CDV being one of are big enemys to fast shifts,
the clutch itself is not holding you back too much IMHO

Short throw shifter will help your shifting gears quicker..
removing the clutch delay valve will give you a quicker clutch ingaugement/disingaugement
So I'd start there, but lol nobody asked me

and I can't answer your question about finding a clutch for the koup
sorry:(
this will help out making the car more fun.. a clutch probably wont help...

i have a spec stg 3 clutch in my ion.. and it's not more fun to drive..

shifter bushings, STS and tranny/ motor mounts make it more solid and firm

·
Registered
708 Posts
...hmmm..musn't of looked very hard.:) Spec has had kit for awhile. Of course, in Korea. Before a clutch kit , have you tried bleeding & top up or swap over to redline if youre not happy with shifting?
do we know if the korean transmission is the same as the US one? since they use some different motors..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts