Kia Forte Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy! Hopefully someone can help me here, as I'm about at my wits end trying to track down a part number (if it even exists).
2010 Forte 4D 6 spd SX 2.4L
Issue: Code P200A
Measures Taken: Removed the VCM to inspect it, and upon removing the VCM, I noticed a little round black coupler of sorts that sits between the actuator motor (9 802 930 804 / 28323-2G400) and the intake body that was broken in two. From photos of the new VCM's, it looks like this little black coupler is a part of the VCM assembly, but on my unit it looks like it is a separate part, but I cannot for the life of me find a part number for it. If I absolutely must, I'll go diving around salvage yards looking for the part, but I'd prefer to order new if possible since it's my wife's car. I'd hate to have to drop $250-350 on an entirely new assembly for a 10 cent piece of plastic if I can at all avoid it.
I am attaching pictures of the broken piece as well as where it interfaces with the VCM.
Any information you might have on a possible part number for this little plastic menace would be greatly appreciated!
Thank you!
-Justin

·
Super Moderator
489 Posts
There's no way there's a part number for that little plastic piece, it comes as a full assembly. Your best bet would be to pick one up at a junkyard. Seems you're not the only one that had that little plastic part break. Here's an interesting read.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If I can't find a part number for this part, I'm half tempted to just buy a rod of HDPE and use a Dremel tool to form one myself - there's no way I'm spending $350 on an enite assembly for this tiny piece of broken plastic.
There's no way there's a part number for that little plastic piece, it comes as a full assembly. Your best bet would be to pick one up at a junkyard. Seems you're not the only one that had that little plastic part break. Here's an interesting read.

Thank you for your reply - I saw that post when I was originally searching for a part number, but the difference is that his broken plastic piece is actually part of the assembly, whereas mine just seems like something that fits between the assembly and the manifold; like a separate coupler or bushing entirely. I will likely hit up the local salvage yard, but I'd hate to end up with another brittle piece that will break in short order.

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
I agree with Acura Kai - junk yard if you're not willing to buy a new Intake VCM...BUT...it's possible that each time you pull one off a junk yard engine you're going to find cracked pieces.

·
Registered
3 Posts
If it helps, the ecu flash isn’t necessary after installation, from what I heard at a dealership from the parts dept. Got a substantial discount through my repair shop tho when I bought the VCM. As far as the koup goes I wouldn’t have an idea as this is for my ’11 4dr

·
Registered
2010 Kia Forte Koup SX 2.4L 6MT Theta 2, Titanium silver metallic.
835 Posts
$300 to $400 fro the VCMA from the stealership. The coupler isn't sold separately.

$25 to $35 at your local junk/salvage yard. I also have a post about the VCMA. No reflashing needed when the replacement VCMA is installed.

Can also make one from aluminum. I haven't done that but I've done other small plastic parts out of aluminum.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks - I'm currently at the point where I have the coupler, but the VCM itself is ever so slightly out of alignment for putting it back together to test it out; basically the motor needs to be turned another fraction of a rotation back in the other direction, so I'm wondering if the motor itself isn't working as well.

·
Registered
2010 Kia Forte Koup SX 2.4L 6MT Theta 2, Titanium silver metallic.
835 Posts
Use a 9v battery & wires to bench test the VCMA motor to turn clockwise & counterclockwise at the pins. If it doesn't turn at both directions the VCMA is no good.

I have a post on this.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts