Kia Forte Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since the KIA and Hyundai are made by the same people, I wonder if you can use the fuel pump, injectors, and turbo parts from a stock genny coupe? People with the 2.0t genesis are starting to upgrade there turbo's so I am pretty sure some of the parts would be compatible ie "injectors and fp" The turbo has an internal wastegate so You could prolly use the turbo setup and weld it to your stock exhaust mani or aftermarket exhaust mani. Then all you need are lines a tune and an ic which you can pick up pretty cheap basically a junkyard turbo build on the cheap cheap that would lay down some pwr:)

·
Registered
13 Posts
That sounds good but are the 2.0T and the 2.4L based on the same block and head design. I wouldn't think so but don't have any info either way.

·
Premium Member
1,820 Posts
That sounds good but are the 2.0T and the 2.4L based on the same block and head design. I wouldn't think so but don't have any info either way.
google....google is your friend

·
Registered
32 Posts
What's the word on this? There was some guy on YouTube talking about putting a turbo in his Forte Koup... I want to see it happen. I have an automatic... if I put in a turbo... heh... might not be as "fun" as a manual, but performance wise... Who can shift faster than an auto?

·
Premium Member
976 Posts
I'm pretty sure that not far from now, many of us will be trolling Gen coupe forum for parts!!
Getting parts and installing a turbo on our Forte (Koup) is the easy part!!
Getting a good tune and a drive train that can manage all the tourque is much more a concern to me!!!

·
Registered
118 Posts
i dont kno if its true or not i talked to one of the kia tec guys today that worked on my car he told me about kia coming out with a forte turbo 2.4 in the next year or two has any one heard about this yet

1 - 6 of 6 Posts