Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So when I close my passenger side door the window sometimes does not close properly and gets stuck on the trim. I either have to push it in myself or roll down and up the window.

If i push the door close it goes past the trim fine, but when "slamming" the door it gets stuck.

Its only about 3 weeks old and I know it should be fixed if I call the dealer but just wondering if this is a known issue or if there is any quick fixes for it.

·
Registered
585 Posts
I had the same problem on my Koup. Here is how I fixed it:
1. open the passenger side door
2. lower the window all the way down
3. put some of your bodyweight on the door [where the window sill is- that's why I told you to open the window] to nudge it down a hair [the idea is to line it up better]
4. Close the door and if it needs a bit more 'convincing' if it does repeat steps 2 and 3
don't worry the door and hinges are very strong..I weigh about 200 lbs and I put almost my whole body weight on it to align it where it should be. My door closes perfectly now.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Worked perfect tried a dozen different closing techniques

Hard, soft, far, close full swing, slight push.

The top of the glass just "barely touches" the top of the lining now. Which is not a big deal since 90% of the time its just me anyways but atleast now I dont have to worry when someone does use that door if it is closed correct.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
i had the problem on my koup.. just take it to the dealership. should take at least a 15 minutes. it was fairly quick.

·
Registered
288 Posts
i have the same problem on my koup

i take it to the dealer and they fix it for me :)

this problem on all koups, i even checked many koups in kia showroom , and all of them have the same problem :/

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yea Ill keep checking the door, my closest dealer is about an hour drive so its a bit out of my way.

So far so good though, ill keep checking the door though for the next week or so see if the door resets or such lol.

·
Registered
259 Posts
I have/had the same problem on my Koup. Roll shut the door by pushing the glass it closes fine, but push it on the door and it catches the same way. The window is out of adjustment and I really recommend waiting until you can take it to the dealer. I noticed it on mine after the first oil change and was waiting until I took it in for the next to have it fixed then. Car ended up in body shop first, since they removed windows and all trim maybe they'll fix it as everything goes back together.

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
Ive heard this on another post long ago. The window track is apparently off and needs readjustment. Your dealer should be able to do it, no problem. I'm kinda curious as to what this looks like and just how noticeable it is. Don't think mine has this problem, but a while back quite a few folks on here did...

2,213 Posts
i got this problem, brining the car into the dealer tomorrow..... im gonan video the look on there face when i show em my car.... should be priceless lol

·
Registered
161 Posts
I had/have the same problem. At first it was just my driver side and I got it fixed at the dealer. Now it's the passenger side. Haven't taken it in yet for the passenger side.

·
Registered
259 Posts
For me what's noticeable is the noise it makes when stuck on trim. First time I noticed it was when I had too much wind noise coming from the passenger side window. It appeared to be all the way up so I rolled it down slightly and rolled it back up noise went away.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts