Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think someone a while back said something about the ability to mute, but not pause audio playback. You can pause playback by turning off the system. If you want to do this from the steering wheel, just hold the MODE button. Tap it again to resume playback.

·
Registered
348 Posts
On a related note, I have submitted a Product Improvement Report to Kia Canada regarding this. I have asked if a software update can be released that would pause physical media when muted. So CD, iPod, or USB would pause when muted, whereas Sirius and AM/FM obviously would require additional hardware to pause and playback.

Who knows if it'll ever happen, but all I can do is ask...

·
Premium Member
928 Posts
more

I had an idea regarding software too.

Perhaps you can followup and piggy this on.

There's a number of the 1-6 buttons that do not have any feature mapped to them during audio playback.

What they could really use is this:

Make one of the buttons Scroll through Letters downward from A->Z and one backwards from Z->A.

This would make searching for songs/artists in LARGE iPod libraries much easier than spinning the wheels, especially in Song names.

D

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There is a way to scroll faster. Hold the folder up or down button, and turn the track knob in the same direction. This could be made easier, but it's still doable. I hold the button with my thumb and turn the knob with my middle finger.

My biggest gripe is the lask of folder button on the damn steering wheel. The track buttons are useless to me, except on random.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts