Kia Forte Forum banner
21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
I get flashed EVERY night! The first couple times I was the same, trying to figure out if there was a cop or something or if something was wrong with the front of my car.... But it's definitely the headlights and fog lights on at the same time make it super bright I guess.... but I also noticed the same thing that the light level is not too high I think it's just the pure brightness of them (which to me is a good thing) Now I feel sorry for the ppl who flash at me becuase then they REALLY get to see what BRIGHT is when they get my high beams in their face as I pass! haha
Every nights the same, bet they feels stupid when they see my actual highbeams. (and I don't even have fog lights.)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Flashed!

I'm glad I came across this thread!
I have the very same issue! I work late almost every night and have to drive home in the dark, and literally every night I get flashed with high beams from another driver. I don't even have fog lights.

Has anyone taken in to the dealership? Or has anyone adjusted their lights?

·
Registered
5 Posts
People flash their highbeams at me every night with or without fogs. My roomate bought a soul around the same time as me and she gets flashed all the time too. When my mom bought her Chevy Equinox the year it came out she had the same issue too. Maybe it's just a new car thing? I guess it could make sense somehow.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Just pull your car in front of a wall and then pop your hood. On the back of the headlight is a place where you can use a phillips head screw driver to aim your headlights. Counter clockwise to aim down. Aim one down to where you like it and then aim the other to match it.

·
Premium Member
1,533 Posts
Just pull your car in front of a wall and then pop your hood. On the back of the headlight is a place where you can use a phillips head screw driver to aim your headlights. Counter clockwise to aim down. Aim one down to where you like it and then aim the other to match it.
I think I am going to try this soon.. since i got flashed(and not the good kinda flash) twice last night. getting tired of flashing back at people. Hell I even had a Cop flash his spot light on me as I passed him (he was on the side of the road as a construction warning) since he obviously thought I had my hi's on as well..

oh well I guess that's what a screw driver is for.. to correct it!!!

·
Registered
215 Posts
I have SX and you don't need a screw driver. With you knees touching the front bumper look down about middle of the light assembly and you will see a knob with saw tooth on it. To aim down the light, turn the knob from right to left ( counter clockwise as you look down on it to make the tooth move from right to left through the "gap" on top of the knob) I had to make couple of complete turns to make it aim down properly (i.e. no longer splash bright light on the rear view mirror of the passenger car in front)

Factory setting for the low beam angle was very high so that my low beam would light up the highway sign (and I could see the light move up and down on the sign as I go over the bumps)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Thanks for the info sspak9, I have had my SX Forte since Feb and have had the same experience as you all. Flashed by oncoming cars and the way that all the signs seem to be lit up, even the overhead ones!!

·
Premium Member
654 Posts
I've only ever been flashed once, but I keep expecting people to do it. I've noticed that my lights are a lot brighter than a lot or other cars on the road (at least where I live). At first I just thought that it was because I was so used to having really dim lights on my old car.

·
Registered
132 Posts
i get flashed all the time going to work at night... it usually only happens when i have my low beams and fog lights on i think the combination of those make it a very bright appearance. I just flash them back and they get over it :)

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
i get flashed all the time going to work at night... it usually only happens when i have my low beams and fog lights on i think the combination of those make it a very bright appearance. I just flash them back and they get over it :)

I was going to say that the only times i get flashed are when those fog lights are on
if I turn them off I don't get flashed very often but I like the fog lights driving lights.

·
Registered
243 Posts
People are doing the same thing to me!!! I put my HIDs in and they stopped but now that I took the HIDs out they are constantly flashing me at night...I even had a COP flash me twice...im surprised he didnt pull me over....but i flashed him back....haha....but i do find it annoying that every one keeps flashing me to turn my brights off when they aren't even on :( im gonna try to adjust them down to see if that helps, but i dont want to go too low or else i wont be able to see out in front of my car....
Geez, I would think the opposite...would happen with the HID's possibly but not the regular halogen bulbs.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Flashing has reduced a lot since i got HID's....and i always have my fogs on...the stock halogens were bright and nice and illuminated the road pretty well....I just wanted to eliminate the yellow so I got 35w 8000K baby blue color and it lights up even more and reflects all reflectors which is great for bikers at night and up coming construction.

21 - 39 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.