Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright I am totally new to the kia world lol. I drive a stage 3 audi S4 and I am trying to help my girlfriend get more outta her SX.

I have been searching and I have found a nice CIA, Exhaust and Chip set up.

My question is about the performance chip. On my car the chips are socketable on the ecu so you can remove them when ever you want but the car records codes, misfires, timing ect.

1. How easy is it to remove the chip if you have to take it into the dealership

2. Do Kia ecus record the previous timing and other information that will show the dealership that there was a performance chip installed.

3. Can you remove the negative side of the battery to reset the ecu and clear all codes if it does record information.

4. I was looking at the Gforce chip any one know of a better one out there?

Thanks for the help guys I really appreciate it... It always sucks coming on to a new forum not knowing much about a new car.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
no worries... like i said i have no idea about makin a kia cool lol. My buddy has a durramax... threw a $120 chip on the ecu and got mad hp for dirt cheap. I know hondas and audis... kia is all new to me.

thanks for the advice though guys!

As far as the reflash, how would the dealership like that? wouldn't that pretty much trash the warranty?

·
Registered
306 Posts
I knoe road race has an ecu for about $500. Don;t know much about ecu's and how effective they are on non turbos. I do know however that they can give a lot of problems. and trash you're warranty. a flash is safer. My bro has an 08 audi a3 with a revo flash. basically it adds 40hp(but remember it;s a turbo) but the dealors can't find it and havent found it and you can always set it back to factory.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts