Kia Forte Forum banner

Performance clutches from spec racing

4K views 21 replies 8 participants last post by  KovyForteSX 
#1 ·
#3 ·
no they wont contacted them about 6 7 months ago. its not in there plans. hey well at least they got a clutch. no one speaks about this because no one has went threw a clutch well some "wander" no one wants to touch it. i will be soon enough.

#4 · (Edited)
Hey check it out!

Q: Do you have a lightweight flywheel made for the Kia Forte?

A:

Yes. It is a very nice piece. We developed this wheel for the Kinetic Grand Am team…almost half the weight of the stocker and $399. Pic attached. .

David Norton
P 800-828-4379 Ext: 110
F 205.491.8593
http://www.specclutch.com

Attachments

#13 ·
whoa whoa whoa... that's weird... the clutch is $200 cheaper than one I bought for my 09 balt... but the flywheel is outrageous... $399? might want to wait til it becomes a more popular application and that drops by at least $100.. especially since you are gonna need the flywheel bolts, assuming ARP makes some for the Forte... that and you should do it as a combo install... no point in tearing apart the clutch/tranny aparty twice... so in total... it is still around $900-$1000 depending on the stage clutch you get... plus miscellaneous other parts you may need in the process like the clutch master cylinder, flywheel bolts, etc

#15 · (Edited)
stage 2 or higher clutches sometimes are too strong for the OEM clutch master cylinder because usually you change the clutch out of necessity, so 50,000-100,000 miles of wear and tear introduced to a stronger setup may cause issues like leaks or you won't feel pressure in the clutch and can't shift. the flywheel bolts are never included with flywheels, they presume you are gonna use new OEM bolts or better/stronger ARP bolts.... not to mention.. until you are putting out over 200hp.. these clutches/flywheels shouldn't really be looked into... except maybe stage 1 since its just stronger than OEM without giving you a rough race type feel. the flywheel will free up some hp too... but it's probably a 5-8hr project... so if you are paying to have it done.. $1000+ for parts.. and $500-$800 more for labor. master cylinder should be fine if you are doing it right away and just modding the heck out of your forte right away.. and usually clutches come with a slave cylinder, which I know for the 'balt was the same thing... but it's not always the case.

i have no idea what the threshold is for the actual transmission on these cars, so if its around 230hp/230lb.ft and you boost your forte to the 300hp/300lb.ft (which would be awesome lol).. the clutch isn't going to save your transmission. axles have to be considered too.

#16 ·
Yea I want to order everything and do it up my self im not affraid. The stage 1 clutch is rated at a lower torque max then oem I dont get it. Im just going with a stage 2+ would really want to get that flywheel. Like you stated it will free up some hp and to add to that it will eliminate the rpm hang and have a quicker responce im all in for it and its a must have on are forte.

#18 ·
^^^
Ok so they have the flywheel...
Crock are you going to get rid of that CDV while your doing all of this?
or did you allready?

yes more questions your favorite ;)
what was the price for the flywheel thxs

#21 ·
399$ for the flywheel they only had 2 left! And no one has purchased it besides me,kinetic and some other guys in korea. Step up your game guys! Everything came To 900$ shipped now,i should get it friday il keep you posted

#20 ·
the rep needs to be boosted by sales in order for it to fire up the aftermarket crowd... I'm trying to find some company to do custom cams and an intake manifold... but still the issue with tuning is killer... guess I'll have to also think about stand alone...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.