Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone installed a performance muffler or exhaust system on their forte? I'm looking to make my car louder and am looking around for some parts. I was wondering if anyone could give me any ideas of what to get or tell me what you have on? sound clips and videos would be helpful!

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
I just installed a cherry bomb extreme muffler tuesday. Lol. I'm making a vid on friday with my buds from another site! :) It only cost me a 100 bucks with installation and parts. I love having connections.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
how does it sound? i dont want it to be too obnoxious but i want to be loud

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Yeah my muffler is definitely loud! Its not annoying, its a real "old school sound" like a member Red Rocket says. :) Its not civic-esque at all.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ok, so all you bought was the cherry bomb muffler? nothing else..

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
i went with magnaflow. the product number is 12865. its listed i believe for 150 on their site but ebay has it for 85! plus 55 to instal at my local muffler shop. i installed it maybe 2 weeks ago and i must say it does sound real good. i totally fell in love with it. its not extremely loud by any means and it doesnt drone out the inside of the car so you cant hear anything but when you gas it, it makes a nice growl. add that with a CAI and its like listening to angels sing haha at idle it has a nice low purrr to it and i love it. i'll make a video but more than not, the videos really dont do it much justice. another member on the forum bought the same one before me and i decided to go with it. happy hunting tho

oh p.s. im not sure where your at but the place on ebay that i got mine from was free shipping AND it got to me in 4 days. total crazyness haha there's a link.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Magn...rQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories#ht_2092wt_939

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
and all you got was the muffler right?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
alright thanks man, when can you post up the video, im really trying to hear how it sounds now haha

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
alright i just bought it, sounds really good.. thanks for all your help

·
Registered
526 Posts
It's a little late for you now, but here are a couple vids I had on youtube of the TurboKits exhaust. One walk around and one drive by. Fuzzy videos :eek:- I'm getting my HD camera this week, I'll update later.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
is that a full exhaust system?

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Yep! That's turbokits full catback (i think) exhaust. :) I am so jealous of jeff.. it sounds oh so amazing.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
yeah it does sound really good, how much did that run ya?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
damnnnn yeah im trying to go on the cheap end right now.. maybe in a couple months ill save up some money and order that haha

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.