Kia Forte Forum banner

Performance

4K views 23 replies 10 participants last post by  DePR84 
#1 ·
Okay, so I know others have posted the same questions for their vehicles, so I'm sorry for the repetitiveness. What can I really do to get the most performance out of my automatic 2.0L EX, that won't give me any warranty issues? I have the TK CAI and will probably get the exhaust to go with it. There are racing headers, but will those give me more power? The headers will probably void warranty though huh.... Also thought about the lightweight pulley and I've been seeing people talk about flashing the ECU. Any thoughts, ideas, or suggestions? :) Just a bunch of questions. Sorry, but I'm not very tuning inclined and have never done anything to past vehicles. Thanks in advance.

#4 ·
Killed, thanks for the feedback. As far as money, I guess it depends. That turbo would be awesome, but it's so expensive. Not to mention the warranty. Just wanting ideas for down the road. One thing at a time. Crock, so like Killed stated about the headers, you're trying to tell me that my little 2.0L stock manifold is more than fine? Thanks again. Just trying to get educated.

#6 ·
Thanks for the information. I always appreciate everyone's willingness to help on here. Not sure if I read it on there or somewhere else, but does it allow the user to restore factory settings when needed (for scheduled maintenance for example?

#7 ·
you will have to ship your ecu back to sfr or go to there location to flash it back to normal free of charge. / now to do scheduled maintenance you don't need to go back to stock i have been in and out the dealer multiple times. i even told them what i had they seem not to give a crap. just don't let them reset your ecu which that will only happen when there's a update happen only 1 time. they cant just void your warranty just because its flashed. they have to prove that its the cause of a problem. if you have no problems you are good.

#11 ·
Sorry fellas, but I just now realized that I didn't get more options as far as what I can do for more power and performance out of my vehicle. Any suggestions? I know that a CAI (which I have) and an exhaust system will give me more power, as well as Crock stated, reflashing the ECU and I don't really need headers. Any other things that I can do or put into my car? Thanks again.

#13 ·
Wait for the Turbokit turbo kit to come out or just slap on some nitrous for now.

#14 ·
Here's what I would do if they existed and/or I had the money:

Performance camshafts
Lightweight performance crankshaft
High pressure injectors and pump
High heat rated spark plugs
Direct injection
Turbo, water/meth injection
Nitrous direct injection
And so many more.

The defaults:
CAI
Cat-Back
ECU flash
High flow catalytic converter
Stiffer springs
Larger cross drilled/vented brake rotors and calipers to match
And a few more here and there...

#15 ·
Cool, thanks. Don't think I'll be getting the turbo for a long time though. It's really expensive (to have to pay at once), and it'll void the warranty. Other suggestions sound good. Now I just have to figure out what some of those are and how to get them. :p

#16 ·
No offence, but you are in no position to be looking at building additional power if you are scared to void warranty. Any mod you do will void the warranty on the associated parts.

It'd make more sense for you to buy a mid 90's 240 w/ SR20DET swap and go from there (or something similar).

#19 ·
A790, true, but that's why I asked. :) As I've mentioned before, I'm not very tuning inclined and besides the obvious mods for performance, CAI and exhaust, I didn't know what else is out there that might help and not necessarily void warranty, as the CAI and exhaust do not. Trust me, I would love that turbo, but until I make more money and don't necessarily have to worry about spending money on fixing anything major broken on my car, I have to worry about the warranty.
Milillo, the TK intake is of great quality and a lot of time and effort was put into its development. The sound and little bit of extra power that it gives our cars is awesome. Oh, and depending on which Koup you bought, the Injen intake will require you to completely remove your left fog light. :)

#20 ·
A790, true, but that's why I asked. :) As I've mentioned before, I'm not very tuning inclined and besides the obvious mods for performance, CAI and exhaust, I didn't know what else is out there that might help and not necessarily void warranty, as the CAI and exhaust do not. Trust me, I would love that turbo, but until I make more money and don't necessarily have to worry about spending money on fixing anything major broken on my car, I have to worry about the warranty.
Milillo, the TK intake is of great quality and a lot of time and effort was put into its development. The sound and little bit of extra power that it gives our cars is awesome. Oh, and depending on which Koup you bought, the Injen intake will require you to completely remove your left fog light. :)
I forgot which Vendor there is on here but I do recall him saying if you bought his intake from his company that they don't require removal of any fog lights.

I think you should go with the nitrous for now. Just a little shot nothing too major.

#23 ·
lol where are you people going that you need nitrous?? a premature shot and bye bye warranty! lol

my theory.... if you never used nitrous before, i wouldnt test it out on a brand new car. people get jumpy with the button.
Not all nitrous systems are used that way. You can have it hooked up numerous amounts of ways to which pressing a button is one of them. But there are Nitrous smart systems out there if you want to play it a little safer.

#24 ·
Oh, I wasn't asking for use now. Just curious, especially since that is one of the most brought up points when asking about power for my car. If, or when, I decide to bring it to that level, I'm definitely going with the turbo. ;) Just need them to do one for the 2.0L automatic. Which I think they're currently working on, or at least hope they are.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.