Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well my girlfriend wants a SX Koup in Corsa Blue and a 6-speed transmission, but she's having a really hard time finding one, so we were just talking about what she'd want to do with it. She said a flat black hood with a blue offset stripe would look kinda cool, so I started thinking about it and thought "eh, what the hell...I'll tinker around on Photoshop".

Original picture:

Photochopped picture (lowered, added BBS wheels, flat black hood with offset stripe, and blurred the black bumper parts to look flat as well):

I showed it to her and she said she doesn't know if she'd want the entire hood to be flat black because it might look strange where it drops down on the sides to meet the fenders, but I kinda like it. What do you all think?

·
Premium Member
332 Posts
I find flat paint on vehicles to look perpetually dirty, but that's just me. I'd also reconsider the rim choice.

I don't know, it takes away the "pizazz"... which is what makes the Koup so attractive in the first place!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well from her last experience with gloss black wheels on her 03 GTI, she's never getting gloss black wheels again! They get dirty way too quickly and they are a pain to clean them. This way, they can be dirty and you wouldn't even notice! LoL!

·
Premium Member
646 Posts
I actually rather like it. My only concern is that it's too ralli-art for the genre of this car. The scheme belongs on the mid-80's Japanese imports. I would instead go for a 3 inch wide double asymmetrical pinstripe that follows the same-side body line of the hood rather than a straight wide stripe.

Here's a ralli-art schema my husband painted in 2008:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Well I did a lil more chopping and got rid of the black hood, added some better wheels, got rid of the "KIA" logo in the grill, cleared the turn signals, and something extra special...

·
Registered
405 Posts
Well I did a lil more chopping and got rid of the black hood, added some better wheels, got rid of the "KIA" logo in the grill, cleared the turn signals, and something extra special...

I like that one !

Only missing black tint and some black decals at the section under the windows... from the rear back.

I'll try to find you image of my thoughts..

·
Registered
122 Posts
how soon are you planning on turbo charging it?.. that inter-cooler looks something special alright haha ...clean.. ;)

·
Premium Member
944 Posts
I like the shaved door handles!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.