Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If anyone wasn’t aware of this, I talked to the dealer and this extends your warranty to 150k miles for rod bearing wear as long as the engine is still running. I have an appointment for next Tuesday to have the update done. Has anyone went through this with a 2010? Pretty sure I can hear a light knock already. Would be awesome to have a new engine put in for free!

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
Wait, what?

I got the letter notice from Kia on me going to the nearest Kia dealership to get the update/campaign/software/knock senor update done.

No problems. I'd like to drive my Kia to Mike Shaw Kia & have them look at the engine health status & catch anything before it starts.

What exactly does one need to qualify or be required ECU update KSDS 2.4L check?

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
Would I call a Kia/Hyundai dealership or email Kia corporation for this ECU update?

My engine is running. No major problems, troubles, issues with engine, transmission, suspension, exhaust, modules & sensors.

Just the typical wear, tear & usage & maintenance done if needed.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Idk the requirements besides being under 150k miles. I just called the nearest dealer, gave em my vin. Then they said to bring it in for the update and that it would warranty it till 150k
How many miles does your vehicle currently have? It sounds to me that you haven't read through everything that's contained in the TSB. If not, I recommend doing so before having the KSDS update done.

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
I just called Mike Shaw Kia at
(5:52pm 6-24-22)The service person said I had already done the ecu update last yr after I gave him my vin. Looked my koup up & said it was already done.

It was 3 things my Koup has been done. Ecu update, airbag wire extension harness & brake switch. Just thise 3.

I guess when I got the campaign letter from Kia Corp it was that. Maybe under knock sensor update?

I asked if that was the knock sensor update. He said no. It was the ecu software update.

Since that update (which I thought was the knock senor update) was the ecu update?

I haven't had any mechanical, engine & transmission problems with my Koup sx.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts