Kia Forte Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
(MOD EDIT)

Below you will find the transcript of a thread gone bad.

Please read the last post as it will reinforce the forums rules.

I got a brand new 4 cyl wet kit without bottle for $250!!!

It was a friend of a friend and when i heard the price i couldn't say no.

I am not going to spare anything in the setup so it will be a couple months before i get it in. I still need to get a bottle, purge kit, remote bottle opener and heater, and some gauges.

Just thought i'd share!!! No more 16 sec for me lol :)

·
Premium Member
1,820 Posts
nitrous forte number 3! here we gooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! what kit did you pick up?

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Honestly I don't see the point. Your turning a sporty looking car with a little performance into a fake fast car. If u want the speed, go get a fast car not a 173 hp Kia forte at best. You're just asking for engine problems and possibly accidents and trouble with cops so I don't see the need to buy this car and put NoS in it. But, to each their own.

·
Registered
139 Posts
who said it was for illegal street racing? he definitely sounds like he means on a track being timed.

·
Registered
973 Posts
Honestly I don't see the point. Your turning a sporty looking car with a little performance into a fake fast car. If u want the speed, go get a fast car not a 173 hp Kia forte at best. You're just asking for engine problems and possibly accidents and trouble with cops so I don't see the need to buy this car and put NoS in it. But, to each their own.
so adding anything to a car that isn't a factory option is pointless, right?

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
first thing sir, i have a 156 hp kia forte :)

second, is i have my play car, Mazdaspeed 6 built motor BIG turbo

third, i love modifying cars, so i just want to get a little extra out of my daily driver. Is that so bad?

fourth, nitrous is not bad if you are educated in its uses.

fifth, if i get pulled over for street racing, ive got bigger problems than the bottle in my trunk lol ;)

·
Registered
973 Posts
first thing sir, i have a 156 hp kia forte :)

second, is i have my play car, Mazdaspeed 6 built motor BIG turbo

third, i love modifying cars, so i just want to get a little extra out of my daily driver. Is that so bad?

fourth, nitrous is not bad if you are educated in its uses.

fifth, if i get pulled over for street racing, ive got bigger problems than the bottle in my trunk lol ;)
so jealous of that speed6.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Yea corytate that's exactly what I said. Anything and eveything that's not stock is pointless. Cmon use the brain. It's cheap speed. Like cheating to get more power. Do what u will but its the dumbest thing to put NOS on a forte hahaha I can't even believe stupid people would even think about doing it. Modding, okay, I like modding cars too. But NOS is a lot different.

·
Registered
425 Posts
What power set up are you going to run? I would imagine kinda low so you don't cause any internal damage. With a good piggyback controller you could go to 91/93 Octane and push more power. Or just run a meth injection kit!:D

·
Premium Member
1,820 Posts
my opinion 4doorforte take it up to 75hp jet on the first run its a 2.0 correct? if you want more juice take it up to 100hp i took mines to 150hp jets

·
Registered
973 Posts
Yea corytate that's exactly what I said. Anything and eveything that's not stock is pointless. Cmon use the brain. It's cheap speed. Like cheating to get more power. Do what u will but its the dumbest thing to put NOS on a forte hahaha I can't even believe stupid people would even think about doing it. Modding, okay, I like modding cars too. But NOS is a lot different.
seems like its just about the opposite of cheating to get speed. how about some rich a hole who goes out and buys a z06 and wants to be a dick to all the people who live paycheck to paycheck and fix up their cars. making a kia forte able to keep up with a gts takes some real work to do right and safely, as opposed to just going out and buying a vette so you'll be fast

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Hahahaha crock..ur so pathetic it's insane...ur getting heated over a forum post...drink that in and look in the mirror and just repeat to yourself "I'm pathetic" a few times and then you'll get it.
Corytate--or the people that work rly hard to make there money to afford a real sports car like a z06 or something of that caliber--ever think ppl with money work hard? ... Didn't think so!

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i am trying to understand if you are against:

using nitrous
using nitrous on a forte
or both?

please tell me.

Nitrous is just a way to make power, just like a turbo, or just like a cat-back exhaust. Why is that "cheating" again?

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
4doorforte...I have nothing against anyone on this forum cuz y should I...in MY opinion, but some ppl go crazy when someone goes against THERE opinion, I think putting nitrous on a forte is pointless...once again, this is MY opinion, I think its stupid..will that have any affect on anybodys life? No! So y am I getting shit for stating an opinion? Cuz ppl need to calm the f**k down and read the posts and answer rather then blow up on someone cuz they have a difference in opinion...
Crock, that's u! So just chill! It's a forum for christs sake, the Mecca of opinions!!

·
Premium Member
1,820 Posts
sure i will chill hey i will be in long island on friday maybe i can show you wat a nitrous kia can do with 150 shots its like feeding crack to all 4 cyclinders :) bet you like that wouldnt you

·
Registered
973 Posts
4doorforte...I have nothing against anyone on this forum cuz y should I...in MY opinion, but some ppl go crazy when someone goes against THERE opinion, I think putting nitrous on a forte is pointless...once again, this is MY opinion, I think its stupid..will that have any affect on anybodys life? No! So y am I getting shit for stating an opinion? Cuz ppl need to calm the f**k down and read the posts and answer rather then blow up on someone cuz they have a difference in opinion...
Crock, that's u! So just chill! It's a forum for christs sake, the Mecca of opinions!!
stating your opinion requires saying "in my opinion" or something similar, not basically telling someone the car that they love and chose over the competition is not worth working on
and I never said people who own z06 vette's don't work hard, I have a friend who has one, and he worked his ass off in military police for it. I said that the people who are loaded (and didn't have to work hard to come by that money) who buy vette's and gloat about how they have a fast car is MORE SIMILAR to cheating to have a fast car.
An expensive car is relative to what a person makes, so it comes out to be the same if the person is working for it and makes enough to be able to afford and $18k car and the person who works for it and makes enough to afford the $70k vette. Before I quit my job to go back to school, this was not a very expensive car for me. I could have been paying 3x the monthly payments and still been ok, and was planning on doing that after I paid off some other things first. Now, going to school and working 2 jobs and helping my stepdad do scrap metal on the side, this is a pretty expensive car for me to keep up with; therefore this is the z06 of my economic station right now.
all that aside, what everything boils down to is that you are just like the subie guy saying it was pointless to do some work on this car because it didn't come from the factory fast. Stupid funking statement.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Has nothing to do with not being factory. I have ZERO personal experience with nitrous and was never told good things about it. So before I get assassinated on this forum, all I want to clear up is that me, shaksfortesx, does not and will not ever have nitrous in any vehicle he owns. In that statement it says nowhere that nobody can and will put it in there own car. Take it to a track, streetrace it, idc what anyone does with it, with the stories told to me over the past few years, I will not use it, that's it.

·
Registered
973 Posts
Has nothing to do with not being factory. I have ZERO personal experience with nitrous and was never told good things about it. So before I get assassinated on this forum, all I want to clear up is that me, shaksfortesx, does not and will not ever have nitrous in any vehicle he owns. In that statement it says nowhere that nobody can and will put it in there own car. Take it to a track, streetrace it, idc what anyone does with it, with the stories told to me over the past few years, I will not use it, that's it.
if only you would have said in your first post instead
nitrous can be done safely though, you can't believe everything you hear. yes it can be pretty rough on a motor, but so can a turbocharger or even a supercharger.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Well to be honest Cory, I thought there were more classy ppl on the forum who won't attack other users cuz of differences in opinions. I understand that ANY mod has a chance of being harmful on a car especially one that's directly on the engine or transmission. I've had friends blow there cars up using nitrous and almost blew themselves up so it's not something I'm going to go run and get. I also understand that there r safe ways to use it and not every time nitrous is used, something blows up, but for me it's not worth the risk. I love this car and the last thing I want to do is blow the engine and then obv not have it covered by warranty.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.