Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Since the last thread got locked, lets start a new one, but with less whining and name calling.

acuraTL, my last post was pointed towards shark, given his admittance to his lack of knowledge on nitrous and it's application.

I would like to know your experience with nitrous, and your thoughts on it besides the fact that you have to refill the bottle, which was the only valid characteristic of "pointless" that i gathered from your post.

Given your argument, i totally agree on applying a turbo, but for right now, the extra performance with nitrous is justified by it reduced cost.

I can easily put together a DIY turbo kit for about ~2500 dorra lol.

I can have a nitrous setup with similar power gains for about 15% of that cost. And i agree with your last point, i do not have to use it all the time :)

Flip a switch, make sure my bottle is full and pressurized, and I am faster.

When the switch is off, I am slow again (thanks for pointing that out lol, as if i didnt know before when i test drove the car, sat for 4 hours at the dealership to buy it) but i am 40 mpg slow hehe.

Can anyone please reiterate again why it is pointless? Thanks!

·
Registered
432 Posts
It's a personnal opinion: I just don't see the point of being fast only part of the time.

I don't want to argue with people on the internet over using nitrous or not... If you think it's the right mod for you, then go ahead, do it. I don't understand why one would do that, and I'm sure you couldnt care less, lol.

To me, nitrous is to be used when you're out of ressources when it comes to go-fast mods, like you've done all the bolt-ons and F/I stuff. Nitrous is like an easy-fix to me, and if i wanted a fast car, i'd buy a fast car or make my car be fast all of the time. I don't see the point of nitrous: is it to drive around town (with your nitrous ready) and try to beat on faster cars for bragging rights? Cuz i dont see anyone using nitrous just for fun, going out for a drive in the hills or something, or for lapping, etc. You don't see no nitrous there.

That's my opinion, i'm not expecting everybody to agree with me and im not going to fight with anyone. ;)

·
Registered
48 Posts
nitrous is good if you drag race.
you can use it when you go drag and not use it when youre just commuting around town.
If you road race its not as good of an idea, imo.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I say go for it. You don't need to go fast all the time. This way you can go fast when you need to go fast.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It's a personnal opinion: I just don't see the point of being fast only part of the time.

I don't want to argue with people on the internet over using nitrous or not... If you think it's the right mod for you, then go ahead, do it. I don't understand why one would do that, and I'm sure you couldnt care less, lol.

To me, nitrous is to be used when you're out of ressources when it comes to go-fast mods, like you've done all the bolt-ons and F/I stuff. Nitrous is like an easy-fix to me, and if i wanted a fast car, i'd buy a fast car or make my car be fast all of the time. I don't see the point of nitrous: is it to drive around town (with your nitrous ready) and try to beat on faster cars for bragging rights? Cuz i dont see anyone using nitrous just for fun, going out for a drive in the hills or something, or for lapping, etc. You don't see no nitrous there.

That's my opinion, i'm not expecting everybody to agree with me and im not going to fight with anyone. ;)
I guess i am trying to convert your opinion lol.

I say go for it. You don't need to go fast all the time. This way you can go fast when you need to go fast.
Exactly.

nitrous is for competitive purposes (for the most part). I roll around like normal and get my good mileage. And when i go out to the meets or run into something on the street, the car turns into something un-suspected :)

I can drive my mazdaspeed6 fine on the street with its low 400 whp on pump gas, but should i just buy a faster car, since its pointless to do that or i run my c16 and tune that gets 600+ whp all the time instead?

·
Registered
973 Posts
sure :)

Here is the thread of me building my motor.

StreetUnitMark's Build. - Mazdaspeed Forums

even more jealous now. love those cars.

and crock should be unbanned for sure, he brings several things to the forum noone else brings. yeah he's crass and has strong opinions, but hes pushing the limits of these cars more than anyone else, and we have a need to know what these cars can do. Great info already has been had, we wouldn't know these cars can take that much abuse and still be running great without his knowledge and risk taking! Bring him back, please?

·
Registered
432 Posts
and crock should be unbanned for sure, he brings several things to the forum noone else brings. yeah he's crass and has strong opinions, but hes pushing the limits of these cars more than anyone else, and we have a need to know what these cars can do. Great info already has been had, we wouldn't know these cars can take that much abuse and still be running great without his knowledge and risk taking! Bring him back, please?
he needs to learn about respect, on online forums and on the streets.

·
Registered
486 Posts
so... My opinion is do it. Nothing and I mean nothing about this car puts a smile on my face like when I flip the switch. I realize that this car is slow. But a friend of mine has the most retarded street legal fast car I have ever been in.... He put things into perspective for me one day by saying "dude... before I got this car( modified evo9 from buscher racing) I had more fun driving a slow car fast than a fast car slow" . I had to smile and agree. I have said this before. Anyone can buy a muscle car or (place your fast car of preference here) buy some bolt ons and go fast... But take a slow KIA add a little speed to it and it will put a smile on your face. I keep hearing people argue about turbo this and supercharger that... Yea that great!!! show me where I can buy one. I don't have the time or the desire to engineer my own turbo. So for me to spend 500 bucks and get an additional, virtually worry free 75 whp, is a no brainer and I am sorry for those of you who don't understand it. Maybe I will come to one of these meets and you can take a ride. Maybe then It will change some of your minds. It is just nice after a crappy day at work to take the long back country road home and open her up a little.

Besides If I want to go really fast I just jump on the ZZR : P

Speaking of NOS did anyone just see where they took a brand new 2011 5.0 mustang GT slapped a 100 shot on it and ran 10's in the 1/4.... that's just sick. Now that is going to be a go fast car.

ok I am done with my anti-rant rant. : P

oh and Crock is just passionate about his car and like most try's to defend it.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
What's up fellas I'm back...just to let everyone know by any of my other posts before this thread, I by no means, try and argue with anyone about ANYthing. I was simply stating an opinion, and yes I don't know much about NoS cuz I've never used it and didn't know much details on how it can be done safely. So to the people who think I ruin threads or whatever, think what you will but I was stating MY thoughts which is what a forum is all about no? And crock had to get all defensive on me and started the whole thing IMO..I am back on the forum and am not getting into anything with anyone over an opinion again cuz I'll just be the bigger person and let them think an opinion is right or wrong, when that's simply retarded..so sorry to all except crock and I hope to not just get crap for basically stating that I disagree with NoS

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
He IS unbanned! we both got banned and probably for the same amount of time. So i am unbanned, I assume he is too.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.