Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I have taken the plunge!!!!
I went and looked at and test drove two koups last week, but they were both manuals..............
I really wanted an orange automatic but the dealer said they did not have any auto's and the orange was hard to get!!!!
Well I got a call today to say they had just got delivery of a orange EX with auto gearbox!!!!! So even though I really wanted to go SX I coulod not control myself so, I wnet and test drove and then bought it!!!!
I wanted to use my 2004 Sebring as a down payment but they would only give me $1500, so I am keeping it and going to sell it afterwards....I should get $3000 for it easily!!!!
Cant wait until tomorrow!!! Wish I was off work the rest of the week so I could spend all day looking at it and driving it!!!!!

·
Registered
644 Posts
Congrats, enjoy the car, and welcome!

When I ordered my koup, they kept trying to get me to take the orange one they had on the lot. But I was deadset on red. lol

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
I was set on an SX with leather, sunroof, and stick. My color choices were Copperhead, Corsa Blue, and Racing Red. I waited, and in 2 days they had my Corsa Blue SX with all I wanted. It does pay to wait if you REALLY are set on what you want.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was set on an SX with leather, sunroof, and stick. My color choices were Copperhead, Corsa Blue, and Racing Red. I waited, and in 2 days they had my Corsa Blue SX with all I wanted. It does pay to wait if you REALLY are set on what you want.
Don't get me wrong, I woulde have loved the SX but the way I am looking at it is that this way I saved money anyway.
Right now I am too excited!!!!!!:)

·
Registered
644 Posts
2 days? I waited 3 months for my car :p

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
Yup! Two days, had a great dealership:)

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
they make copperhead ex's? congrats!

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Copperhead doesn't come as an ex model o_O... But congrats on the new car.

·
Registered
543 Posts
You are lucky to get an auto. Nowhere I looked had them. Between that and my wife wanting to be able to drive my car in case I couldn't, we went with the auto. Can't wait to see some pics...congrats!

·
Registered
25 Posts
congrats on your koup I was dead set on an auto titanium lux sx. and thanks in part to my cuzin being the finace manager at the dealership had one flat beded in from the other side of the province :) I think you made a good choice going with the auto. mine has paddle shifts which are pritty cool to have not sure if the ex auto has them. The manual in my opinion was very disappointing. the clutch throw was horrible. The Civic si has an amazing manual gear box and the koup cant come close to that civic. The auto is great and with 6 speeds i still have all the gears of the manual!

·
Registered
227 Posts
congrats on your koup I was dead set on an auto titanium lux sx. and thanks in part to my cuzin being the finace manager at the dealership had one flat beded in from the other side of the province :) I think you made a good choice going with the auto. mine has paddle shifts which are pritty cool to have not sure if the ex auto has them. The manual in my opinion was very disappointing. the clutch throw was horrible. The Civic si has an amazing manual gear box and the koup cant come close to that civic. The auto is great and with 6 speeds i still have all the gears of the manual!
i think it is because you are used to the civic si's clutch?

cuz this is my first manual and i never drove any manuals before...i learned on my car and i have no problems with the clutch anymore...

more like you need to get used to the clutch...

·
Premium Member
1,623 Posts
Copperhead doesn't come as an ex model o_O... But congrats on the new car.
They also didn't do Copperhead after the first 6 months of production of the 2010 model.

·
Registered
25 Posts
i think it is because you are used to the civic si's clutch?

cuz this is my first manual and i never drove any manuals before...i learned on my car and i have no problems with the clutch anymore...

more like you need to get used to the clutch...
IM not trying to hate on the manual but I have drove standard all my life. including some very good performance vehicles. its not a matter of getting used to it the civic has a much better manual. I urge you too go take a 2006 or up civic si for a test drive sometime and you will kinow what im talking about. the Koup is an amazing car and i like it mor ethat the SI but the koup does not compare with the si at all as far as the manual transmission goes.

·
Registered
227 Posts
IM not trying to hate on the manual but I have drove standard all my life. including some very good performance vehicles. its not a matter of getting used to it the civic has a much better manual. I urge you too go take a 2006 or up civic si for a test drive sometime and you will kinow what im talking about. the Koup is an amazing car and i like it mor ethat the SI but the koup does not compare with the si at all as far as the manual transmission goes.
i'll take your word for it, but i believe that since i am getting used to driving the KIA, i think i would have to get used to driving other manuals lol

i was planning to either get KIA, VW GTI, Civic, or Audi
and you know my thought was...first car i should get KIA...low end car then upgrade so this way i would appreciate it more if i get a "better" car...
but you know i am glad i got the Koup cuz im loving the car and it doesn't feel like its a low end...looks better than majority the cars at its class!!!
sure the power might not be as good...but i really don't need it lol

·
Registered
166 Posts
I have never owned an automatic transmission car in my life..I have owned a nissan maxima, pontiac trans am, nissan pathfinder, toyota solara, honda civic ex, and have driven many many other standard cars on top of that. That being said, I will say that in some areas the forte sx's 6speed transmission/clutch does fall short of spectacular (smoothness into gear/ high clutch pickup). However the more pressing issue is IMO the gas pedal. After playing around with the pedal assembly (as described in other threads) the car is MUCH more tolerable to drive. I recommend anybody do the mod if they are having trouble getting used to driving standard in the Forte.

You must also keep in mind that when comparing the forte to the civic si, it is not exactly apples to apples. There is a reason that the civic si is more expensive. However, neither car is meant to be a race car, rather an economy car with some spirit. The forte does that just fine, and with a little bit of tweaking it feels very nice to drive manual in. :D

·
Registered
3,919 Posts
Civic Si's clutch is NO match for the Koup. as much as i love my koup, i like the whole Manual tranny in the Si. My best friend has an 09 si, and its so smooth. Cluth has a good feel for it, a bit shorter travel than the koup, and the shifter feels tighter with less travel than the koup.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I dont have the short shifter kit (yet) but from what I've researched people highly recommend the bushing upgrade kit with the short shifter

1 - 20 of 32 Posts