Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The wife and I decided to modify our SX wheels instead of buying new ones and go with a Red/Black them on our racing Red Koup. I'm painting the inserts Flat Black(to contrast the main wheel Glossy Black)and putting the Red stripe around the edge.

What I want to do is widen the track in the front & rear to give the car a more aggressive look by putting a 15mm spacer on the front wheels and 25mm spacers in the rear to create that staggered look that is so cool. I just really don't like the way small import cars have their tires tucked way inside the fender lines. I want the wheels to line up evenly with the lip of the wheelwells.

Does anyone have pics of their Koups with spacers behind the SX wheels installed????:D I want to see if it will look as good as I think it will.:rolleyes:

Thanks!

·
Registered
536 Posts
To achieve the Flush Look, Im gonna try and put some 18x9 in. Rims on my car, Good Luck though! :)
I was looking into 18's myself...Still not sure though...I just think the ride will be rough....You looking to buy them soon or closer to this coming spring/summer? Definitely post pics when you do. Would like some feedback and visuals.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I was looking into 18's myself...Still not sure though...I just think the ride will be rough....You looking to buy them soon or closer to this coming spring/summer? Definitely post pics when you do. Would like some feedback and visuals.
Not quite sure when I will be getting the rims, Should be within the next year though. Or when I get a decent, steady Job. :D

·
Registered
536 Posts
I feel ya...I should be getting mine in spring....Still debating but leaning more towards 17's at this point since I have already had those before and I know how much they compromise the ride...18's I think would just be too much even though I admit they would be the best size for overall appearance....I will post pics when I bolt them on.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Do those spacers really make a visual difference? Do u need new lugs because of the extra space it can't hold onto cuz of the spacer?

·
Registered
695 Posts
i went with 18x8 in the front and back and they are flush to the point of perfection. No spacers, lowered it and have just a small gap that allows for some room for the wheel to move with out rubbing, no issues yet and the ride is still smooth.

·
Registered
36 Posts
you shouldn't need new lugs for use with spacers under 7mm. anything over 7 and thats when your gunna start having issues.
only reason i ordered a pair is i want to have a bit of room between my caliper and winter rim, a little close for my liking since i dropped down to 16".

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Insane,
If you're gonna order those, you'll be disappointed. Those are only 4 lugs, but we have 5 on each wheel.

I wanted to see if anyone could confirm that we need 5x114.3 spacing with 67.1mm center bore. The Mazda 6 has the same config.......

·
Registered
201 Posts
The wife and I decided to modify our SX wheels instead of buying new ones and go with a Red/Black them on our racing Red Koup. I'm painting the inserts Flat Black(to contrast the main wheel Glossy Black)
That will look great! Post pics when you do this!

·
Registered
36 Posts
hey WillieFlo,
they carry both just need to specify which ones your after.
also seen a set of 15mm but wouldn't want to go any wider for me but let me know how those work out. i don't remember how flush the stock wheels are i put winters on, damn snow.

·
Premium Member
2,601 Posts
i went with 18x8 in the front and back and they are flush to the point of perfection. No spacers, lowered it and have just a small gap that allows for some room for the wheel to move with out rubbing, no issues yet and the ride is still smooth.
I think you guys should save a little money and opt for the 18x8 and lower it. I did the same and agree with ForteSXFan21. It's hella flush and looks perfect.

I don't have any experience with spacers but I remember a few people talking about them and they seem a little dangerous and ruin your tires.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts