Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So far I'm not too sure what I want to do.

Maybe some gold/bronze wheels to accent the white, a moderate tint, maybe tinting the tail lights, or smoking whichever is easier, and possibly lowering it 1/2" or 1" a slight spacer perhaps? Definitely some mud flaps and a rack on top. (Love the look of a multi-purpose vehicle)

As with engine mods, maybe an exhaust and potentially looking into turbokits turbo for some increased power, and if I do end up turboing then I will most certainly get an exhaust.

What do you all think, and for those of you with or that are getting a 5-door what do you have planned?

·
Registered
105 Posts
If and when I acquire an SX I think the first thing I would do would be some form of intake mod. Turbo is for the rich young bachelor types (hence an SX over the EX as I am none of those...), I'm suspect of the whole aftermarket turbo business so pardon my input there. I think simple is the best place to start unless you are flush with cash, which you might just be ;)

The rims look well enough otherwise I'd be inclined to a set of Koup rims or better, maybe a 19mm rear sway from UR but the SX I drove yesterday was well behaved for my tastes and experience. And I might like some side skirts to cover up the Frankenstein spot welds along the bottom sides.

One reason I like this car so much is the fact that it's pretty great looking off the lot, sure it could use some spiffing up (a member here from Montreal did some amazing stuff to his Koup, but to the tune of 4+k!) but I wouldn't kick it outta bed because it hadn't been to the tanning salon!

Let the mods begin!

·
Registered
47 Posts
I honestly won't be doing much to my 5. I'm going to hook up a bluetooth OBDII transmitter to it and pair it with my phone for a set of gauges while I'm driving. I will probably also install the viper smartstart on it so I can remote start from my phone.

Other than those, couldn't tell yah at this point. I modded the hell out of my 04 Mazda RX8 and now having a hard time trading it in or selling it b/c of the Mods.

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah modding will completely ruin re-sale. You make a car unique and you can't expect it to be sell-able.

Turbos are definitely way expensive and can be potentially fatal if you're using too much boost etc then bye bye engine lol. I really want my Forte to last, prove that KIA has come a long way.

·
Registered
289 Posts
If and when I acquire an SX I think the first thing I would do would be some form of intake mod. Turbo is for the rich young bachelor types (hence an SX over the EX as I am none of those...), I'm suspect of the whole aftermarket turbo business so pardon my input there. I think simple is the best place to start unless you are flush with cash, which you might just be ;)

The rims look well enough otherwise I'd be inclined to a set of Koup rims or better, maybe a 19mm rear sway from UR but the SX I drove yesterday was well behaved for my tastes and experience. And I might like some side skirts to cover up the Frankenstein spot welds along the bottom sides.

One reason I like this car so much is the fact that it's pretty great looking off the lot, sure it could use some spiffing up (a member here from Montreal did some amazing stuff to his Koup, but to the tune of 4+k!) but I wouldn't kick it outta bed because it hadn't been to the tanning salon!

Let the mods begin!

I agree. I think that simple is sweet. I am all about a nicely tuned stereo with the perfect power. No to much bass and just enough fill. I like the whole ground effects thing. I know from being a car salesman that you can get money back for that type of thing. I also know that if you have a car like ours which is an ECONOMY car...not a race car... it isn't designed to handle 300+ HP. Putting a turbo on this car is asking for trouble. Not to mention you will void the warranty on the motor...that much is for sure. That is a 10 year warranty. Maybe I'm just getting old. Stick with wheels and ground effects and some leds with nice tunes!!!!! My opinion

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No thanks on the ground effects, little too ricey for me. I'll stick with my wheels. And anything can be a race car with a little money and elbow greese -.^

·
Registered
144 Posts
Tint, tow hitch, and rook rack for me. I was thinking of getting the K emblems but if peoples emblems are peeling and looking like crap after a few months, then no thanks.

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm gonna keep the KIA on there, let people know I'm proud of what I've got.

2,213 Posts
it all comes down to prefrence. what ever you want on your car, you should put on and dont listen to anyone else. especially the douches on this site that dont even own kias yet theyre on a forte forum just to diss every little mod! lol wtf is that all about?

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well technically I don't own a KIA yet. Not until Wednesday and only then if everything checks out lol.

·
Registered
105 Posts
it all comes down to prefrence. what ever you want on your car, you should put on and dont listen to anyone else. especially the douches on this site that dont even own kias yet theyre on a forte forum just to diss every little mod! lol wtf is that all about?
True but like a$$holes everyone's got an opinion... And no I don't own one either but I do own 2 Hyundais and have modded mine to some degree and i have no problem with peeps personalizing their cars, even the rice cakes... hell I need a good laugh now and again :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts