Kia Forte Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive been seeing plasti dip popping up everywhere in tuners and I had no idea why. So today I did some research and found out what it is. If you don't know, it's a removable rubber coating that doesn't affect the paint at all. I was wondering if anyone has coated stock koup ex rims with it and if so may I please see the pics:) I have a black koup, tinted, and smoked taillights. While I would love to spend $1000+ on rims and tires this is cheap and best of all removable. Let me know what you guys think and if no one has done it, I'll be sure to put pics up:)

Sent from my iPhone using AG Free

·
Registered
149 Posts
TONS of people on here have used plasti dip. And I know some have plasti dipped there ex wheels. I think Autoitking did it to his ex wheels

·
Registered
14 Posts
Yo dude plasti dip is the shit i recently dipped my grille, although i dont have a koup I have a sedan which has the same grille (i think?) here it is

·
Registered
14 Posts
what do you mean sealing it up? I applied 4 coats of the stuff waiting 20 minutes after putting on each coat... Its very durable and after driving with it for a month about now it has been the same since the day i put it on.

If i had the SX that actually comes with rims instead of steelies, i would deffinetly do it to my rims after working with plastidip

check out this thread that shows some pictures of it being done to the rims http://www.forteforums.com/forums/forte-five-door-pictures-videos/12078-new-pics-smithclub-plastidipped-wheels.html

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wow I never even thought about the grille but I'm at the hardware store now picking it up

·
Registered
119 Posts
I dipped my grille too along with the trunk emblem and badges.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Does anyone who uses the iPhone app know how to not make my photos ridiculously small?

·
Premium Member
584 Posts
I guess it's the photo angle. It makes your grill look like the honeycomb is all covered over.
Yo Aluus, why you all up in his grill? (sorry, had to :D)

Personally I don't care for plasti dipped; it looks cheap to me, like to much CF.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yea the dip makes a huge difference, I tried taking a paint pen to the grooves and giving it red accents but that was a bad idea lol I'll have to post pics to show u what I mean

·
Registered
425 Posts
krrazykoup....were you jackin your car up on the lawn?

·
Registered
39 Posts
I plasti-dipped my wheels the other day. They don't have the smooth texture that everyone else's wheels appear to have. They literately look like I sprayed rubber on them. They it doesn't look too bad but I would much rather have a smooth surface. Any ideas?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
It depends on how thick u coat it, by the amount of coats and how heavy u make each one. I only did 2 heavy coats and 1 light and they looked good but peeled a little bit in the car wash. I'm gonna go heavier and more next and see how that holds up.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts