Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my LED's for my liscense plate lights. I went outside, ready to install. Popped open the truck, and..........I have no idea what to do from there.

Has anyone else did this mod? If so, how to get to the lights. The owners manual only shows how to change it for the sedan.

Please help!

·
Premium Member
982 Posts
you need to unscrew the black clips... hold the outer edge with your fingers and unscrew only the middle screw (haha)... from there you will have easy access to the connectors (which come off by unscrewing them as well)

·
Registered
696 Posts
Or you can go from underneath and pop out the housing with a flat blade screwdriver. Just be careful not to brake the clips. Easy 5 minute change-out.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Anthony, I'm not sure I know what "clips" you're talking about? The Koup has the license plate light under the trunk.

Does ANYONE know how to do this??

·
Registered
696 Posts
Yes. What I just said above. Look above the license plate under the bumper and you will see the covers for the reverse lights. Take a flat blade screwdriver and gently pry them out of the bumper. Voila! Replace stock bulbs with LED bulbs.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes. What I just said above. Look above the license plate under the bumper and you will see the covers for the reverse lights. Take a flat blade screwdriver and gently pry them out of the bumper. Voila! Replace stock bulbs with LED bulbs.

Excellent work! Just got them installed AND didn't break any clips. Thanks for the replies!

·
Premium Member
982 Posts
sorry, I forgot you have a KOUP, haha... totally different for the KOUP cuz you don't have the plate on the trunk but rather the bumper...

·
Registered
204 Posts
This mod is easy as hell and looks cool. I unfortunately broke a clip on each housing and had to order replacements. Cost me a cool $50 :eek:

·
Registered
431 Posts
I got some T10s (LED-5way multi directional).. going to fit them in now.. so flathead to pry it open? for koups

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
but be very careful--- there have been stories of broken clips leaving you the painful route of finding replacement lens cover.

and main_m--- i think there is also an alternate route to pull the bulbs in the koup from the inside w/o risking the frail plastic clip.......i am pretty sure i saw it somewhere around here. (i really need at start taking notes of stuff that is going to come in handy one day)

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
yeah. be very careful. or you will break the clips and have to fix them with super glue or something(thats what happened to me)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts