Kia Forte Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
Welcome. Happy to share with you whatever we know. Good success with your venture and with your Forte.

Reactions: El Spicoli

·
Registered
2010 Kia Forte Koup SX 2.4L 6MT Theta 2, Titanium silver metallic.
659 Posts
Awesome. Go to your local Kia/Hyundai dealership for spark plugs, oil filters, transmission filter (auto), gear oil (manual/standard), radiator coolant/Antifreeze, power steering fluid, brake fluid for info & type. Then take that info to your local Autozone, O'Reilly's, advanced auto parts or auto parts merchants, Walmart is great for engine oil, tires & batteries.

I don't know if Canadian Fortes use different parts from U.S. Fortes, spark plugs, fluids.

Stick & stay with NGK & Denso iridium spark plugs. OEM/factory Kia/Hyundai engine oil filters. As for other fluids, it's up to you just make sure they're for your Forte.

·
Registered
659 Posts

Gear oil is for manual/standard transmission Fortes only. DON'T USE IN AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSIONS.

Some say Fortes/vehicles dont have drum brakes (shoes) & disc brakes (pads). All vehicles built & manufactured have to have the Emergency brake.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Hope this helps. It's a baseline & some info on what you should be looking for. The fluids & parts are up to you & your choice.

Just don't cheap out on brakes, engine oil, transmission fluid, spark plugs, engine oil filters (OEM/factory is best) transmission filter (OEM/factory) or from a reputable seller/merchant.

Radiator coolant/Antifreeze, power steering fluid, washing/detailing products, aftermarket parts & goodies all up to you.

The search button is your friend. Ask the community for help. Whenever you run into a problem & find a solution no matter how infinitesimal or massive it is, post & upload the before & after. It help the community. It's the take a penny leave a penny.

I have several detailed high res pics with posts from being a 1st time Kia Forte Koup owner. You can check them out & maybe they might help.

Anthony

·
Registered
659 Posts
If you're wanting to upgrade your OEM/factory stereo to an aftermarket stereo. Crutchfield.com has the info, parts & stereos. Faceplates, steering wheel control interfaces & wire harness. Crutchfield.com customers service & tech is absolutely outstanding.

You can go to your local bestbuy & actually look in person what double din aftermarket stereos/speakers & steering wheel interfaces are available. iDatalink Metra RR is the best one. Been wanting to buy one. To access more in depth car controls. Only works with stereos that use idatalink.

·
Registered
659 Posts
All the speakers in 2010 thru 2013 are 6.5. Some are riveted in others are screwed in. Rivited just drill out be patient & don't work on a car if your mad/pissed. It will only cost you double.

·
Registered
422 Posts

Anthony made a LOT of great recommendation. I just want to add to this picture, he very correctly put the washer replacement for the drain plug next to the filter box. To avoid leaking, not to be forgotten.

Addendum: For whoever works in metric measurements 22.5 ft lb = 30.5 Nm.

Cheers.

Reactions: mobileterminaluser

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
.... Just picked up a steal of a deal 2013 Kia Forte ….
…. and it was last owned by a new immigrant family and it's way beyond dirty: there was baby food, glitter and smelly things everywhere. Took a couple hours to remove all the crud...
...I just drove it out for the first time today just to run some errands and I think the engine died already. ….
I don't like to kick someone who is already down, but how did you expect a vehicle in the condition you described above could have had anywhere even close to good oil maintenance done?

If the deal seems too good to be true, then it probably is. Caveat emptor.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts