Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has any tried the PLX KIWI MPG version with their forte? If so what did you find out or what issues did you have with it. Mine arrives tomorrow! Wanted to see what type of gas mileage I was really getting.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
3,879 Posts
No experience with the device you listed...I know I'm going to sound like a "butthead"...but, if you want to know what your gas mileage really is, the best method is to divide the number of miles you've driven since your last fill-up by the number of gallons it takes to fill the tank since the last fill-up. 257 miles driven divided by 10.2 gallons = 25.2 MPG.

So far I've found that my In Dash numbers are close -- .1-.2 higher than what I get by the manual-brain method...LoL!

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah i have a program that does it real quick and logs it on my phone with gas cost etc. I want to use the thing to see where i really get the best mileage at a decent speed without really doing the "trial and error" thing for a few weeks, since i drive close to 100 miles a day all freeway driving. If I get 31MPG at 65 or so I'll drop back from 75 instead of getting the 26 i'm getting now. I just want to know NOW! not a few weeks later lol

1 - 3 of 3 Posts