Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello... I'm fairly new to the forums.. just curious if anyone has any experience with either of these speakers in a Forte EX with a stock HU and no amp. Don't have the money for an amp right now, and I'm not sure where I'd mount it in the car (trunk will have sub amp & box). The MM6501's are 2.7 ohm and the db6501's are 4ohm, so I am concerned about being able to use these safely in my Forte. If neither of these would work, does anyone have any suggestions on front component replacement speakers that will work well with the stock HU? Thanks

·
Registered
3,919 Posts
To be honest i'm not really sure of any of these choices. but i know for a fact couple of member bought

JL Audio C2-650
JL Audio C5-525 (better then the C2)
and
Alpines and they were satisfied with them. search around the forum and you'll see couple of threads on the JL's. If it was me, i'd go with JLs because other people have been down that road and they'll give you honest reviews and help with installing them

·
Registered
3,919 Posts
D113 is the AUDIO GURU on this forum, and here's a quote from him.

Addind vr's , alpine type r's or kenwood excelon 1720p's is a great upgrade in clarity and presence. Add an amp and it'll change everything.

as far as i know, he personally has JL Audio C5

1 - 3 of 3 Posts