Kia Forte Forum banner

Should we have 2 FOTMs per Month, One Forte Sedan, One Forte Koup?

• No, keep it the way it is

Votes: 15 31.9%
  • Yes, it would be great to compare the same vehicle types in seperate contests

Votes: 32 68.1%
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This has been mentioned before, and now that we are growing in numbers of both vehicles types, and the mods available can be different, do we want to do the next FOTM as two seperate groups?

Chime in. On June 6th, we'll look at the poll results, and begin June's contest.

·
Premium Member
928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
maybe the Sedans are cowering due to the awesomeness of all the Koups!

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
3,897 Posts
Please, let's not get caught up into the my 2/4 door car is better than your 4/2 door car. Sometimes when I look at my Sedan I like the way it looks and sometimes I like the Koup's looks more. They're pretty much the same car -- handling and comfort wise. Sedan is 10 times better if you have more than 2 people along -- I can't sit comfortably in my Koup's back seat and would hate to make others sit back there...LoL!

·
Premium Member
2,601 Posts
For the time being I think we should keep it how it is. Like Aidensgrand said, we don't really get enough votes at this point and I think both sedan and Koup owners have an equal shot at FOTM. Although I'm obviously partial to the Koups I wouldn't hesitate to vote for a sedan.

Don't seperate us! Sedan or Koup we're all a family!

·
Premium Member
928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks everyone for your input so far. We currently have a 2:1 in favour of seperate contests. While this isn't an overwhelming majority, it still is a majority. We still have until Sunday to let the votes decide.

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
Well I think we all know that just because you have more votes, doesn't mean you win. Take how we(u.s) elects our presidents :p lol but I've definitly voted sedan so there are sedans that look sick.

·
Registered
526 Posts
If it is decided that there will be two separate categories, will we be able to vote once for the sedans and once for the koup each month?

·
Registered
31 Posts
It may sound like a good idea now to go to two, but as time goes by and the newness factor of the forte wears off... I think it would be a mistake. Many things here in discussion apply to both the sedan and koup, not difficult to sort it out.

·
Premium Member
928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
If it is decided that there will be two separate categories, will we be able to vote once for the sedans and once for the koup each month?
Yes, the goal is to allow both contests open for voting to everyone.

·
Registered
114 Posts
ehh just do it have one for the forte koup and one for the sedan taht way 2 people will feel special for the month lol and hey how do u even vote on the fotm ive never voted

·
Registered
513 Posts
I say that we have two separate polls.. but the sedan of the month shows up above the Koup.. :D

·
Registered
567 Posts
We should do separate contests for sedans and koups and then at the end of the year we should do a Car of the Year that combines both contests. You can only run for CotY if you won car of the month in the last year. Probably would have to adjust the CotM rules so you can only win once a year though. Just an idea.

·
Registered
453 Posts
We should do separate contests for sedans and koups and then at the end of the year we should do a Car of the Year that combines both contests. You can only run for CotY if you won car of the month in the last year. Probably would have to adjust the CotM rules so you can only win once a year though. Just an idea.
C.O.T.Y. nice:D

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
3,897 Posts
I say that we have two separate polls.. but the sedan of the month shows up above the Koup.. :D
...because it was first out...LoL

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.