Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys.....I have been browsing this forum for awhile now and find it to be quite usefull and very informative about our Forte's...This is my first post and not a major concern, after I turn off the egnition after driving for awhile, I hear a lot of pinging and popping sound that sounds like when you cooking popcorns, the noise seems to be coming off either the exhaust manifold or the cat converter area....So far the car is behaving like normal and had no other concerns...Is this normal??? I just started noticing this now and actually it is pretty weird to be hearing these sounds cause they last for awhile...anyways i'm rambling anybody have this issue before???? thanks.....:D

·
Registered
358 Posts
Yep.. Same here Pop! Pop! Pop!

·
Registered
30 Posts
It might be some leftover popcorn you left last friday when you went to that party and got all messed up, you might just not remember. Have you seen the movie "The hangover"?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It might be some leftover popcorn you left last friday when you went to that party and got all messed up, you might just not remember. Have you seen the movie "The hangover"?
Lol....yah i've seen the hangover and my friday wasn't as great as the guys from the movie:D...I don't recall hearing it on my old tercel, I've never really pay attention to any of my older cars before when I shut them off....I probably heard the sound cause everytime I shut off the car, I still keep starring at my car, that's how much i like it....lol.....

·
Registered
973 Posts
yeah metal expands and contracts with temperature, so that is the metal settling back

and i'm with you on the staring at my car thing lol
It's been almost a year now and I still stare at it all the time=]

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Yeah, drive it hard on a cool day. As soon as you hop out it'll ping and pop, I believe its car speak for "thank you" :p

·
Registered
769 Posts
Yeah, drive it hard on a cool day. As soon as you hop out it'll ping and pop, I believe its car speak for "thank you" :p
Haha nice! I definitely agree, its just the exhaust cooling off. And also part of the noise could be the block cooling (random interesting fact: blocks usually get a little hotter after shutoff since the coolant is no longer flowing through the block) Nothing to be concerned about :)

·
Registered
148 Posts
The very common but harmless cooling of the engine ;)

·
Premium Member
704 Posts
yeah metal expands and contracts with temperature, so that is the metal settling back

and i'm with you on the staring at my car thing lol
It's been almost a year now and I still stare at it all the time=]
Yup, over a year and still admiring the lines...!:D

·
Registered
536 Posts
Yep same here...I don't know about you but this is my first new car so I am paying attention to everything...I never noticed it with any of my other "OLDER" cars but I sure do with this one....

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
On that same question, I get a sound like there's water dripping then bubbling in my exhaust pipe in the center of the vehicle, as well as the popping and ticking after shut off.
If you had the AC running maybe some condensation?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts