Kia Forte Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I brought my 2016 Forte Koup in for service yesterday and found that my engine was 2 and half quartz low on oil even though it was changed less than 1k miles ago. This is the second time I have seen this happen, but the car never leaks. I always park on concrete and never see any oil stains. Kia wants to swap the engine under warranty, but do you think they're going to give me a scrapped engine or will I have a choice?

·
Registered
273 Posts
Engine swap but before it happens. ASK if the new (to you & your Kia) is new, rebuilt/refurbished (you want a warranty & itemized parts replaced & repairs/fixes or if it's junk/salvage yard engine (definitely want warranty +replacement/repairs & partsat their cost)

Let us know what you decided & post before during & after pics. Also document any & all on video & pics the second you drive off their property & continue to keep records.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I brought my 2016 Forte Koup in for service yesterday and found that my engine was 2 and half quartz low on oil even though it was changed less than 1k miles ago. This is the second time I have seen this happen, but the car never leaks. I always park on concrete and never see any oil stains. Kia wants to swap the engine under warranty, but do you think they're going to give me a scrapped engine or will I have a choice?
My wife's Optima had the same problem last year. Since it has the 2.4 engine, Kia replaced it under the engine recall. If they replace your engine for a recall, it should be a new unit, minus certain things like the manifolds and other parts not directly bolted to the engine.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Bumping this up because of the spam

1 - 5 of 5 Posts