Kia Forte Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering has anyone fitted a Power Amp to their rear speakers. I have replaced all my speakers to my Forte sedan and it has made a big improvement but I still think the rear speakers need a bit more power. The only way I can think to do it is by installing new Amp under front seats and splicing into the speaker wires :confused:

·
Premium Member
928 Posts
Why power them only? I have all 4 powered and it's great! I would put more power on the fronts if I were you!

I can tell you from personal experience, more effort in the fronts and using the rears as fill drastically improves the sound quality and improves staging. This coupled with a proper crossover point in the subs makes it sound as great as a concert or a really good set of headphones, and the sound seems as if it's coming from the front of you!

cheers
D

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Why power them only? I have all 4 powered and it's great! I would put more power on the fronts if I were you!

I can tell you from personal experience, more effort in the fronts and using the rears as fill drastically improves the sound quality and improves staging. This coupled with a proper crossover point in the subs makes it sound as great as a concert or a really good set of headphones, and the sound seems as if it's coming from the front of you!

cheers
D
Hi again, I guess I am use to the rear speakers on the back shelf of my Honda Civic being the most powerful, the fronts to me have always been the fill in speakers but I'm getting use to it on the Kia.
My system now with the new Speakers and Dynamat installed sounds great, it would nice to have a bit more volume to play around with when you get a low recorded song on my USB stick.
Just getting to the back of the Headunit freaks me a bit

1 - 3 of 3 Posts