Kia Forte Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2010 kia forte with a parasitic power drain (multimeter in series on the negative battery terminal). I have traced a .24 amps power drain to the Room LP and Audio Fuses that pull together. I tested each fuse separately and each one was drawing power. I am thinking that there is a short between the two circuits but I do not know where to look.
This issue started after I had the Intake Air Actuator replaced by a mechanic. And after I got the car back the center console with the radio did not work (display or buttons) but the radio could be manipulated with the steering wheel controls.
The owners manual shows the A/C control model on the room lp fuse. Would this indicate that the shop messed up?

·
Registered
951 Posts
... I am thinking that there is a short between the two circuits but I do not know where to look. ...
It sounds like he might have damaged the wiring when he removed the center console, and the prime suspect would be the radio connector, based on what you wrote. There's a bunch of connectors going into the modules of the console, and it's easy to imagine one of them getting pulled apart if he wasn't careful enough as he worked on the unit. It's not a big job to remove the console and check the wiring.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts