Kia Forte Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Has anyone used anything other than PSF-4? I bought some from Walmart thinking it would be fine but want a 2nd opinion.

Power Steering Fluid From Walmart
After a little more research and calling dealership it's cheaper to just get the $11-12 qt bottle from Kia dealer vs Walmart $6-7 per 12 oz . So I'll be returning the Walmart Power Steering Fluid :)

·
Registered
2010 Kia Forte Koup SX 2.4L 6MT Theta 2, Titanium silver metallic.
832 Posts
Always use OEM/factory engine oil filters. If you search & read about engine oil filter it's good to just stay & use OEM/factory engine oil filters.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Always use OEM/factory engine oil filters. If you search & read about engine oil filter it's good to just stay & use OEM/factory engine oil filters.
There is nothing wrong with using aftermarket engine oil filters, so long as they are quality.

The best filters out there are WIX and WIX XP filters, they are trusted by mechanics as the best for the money.

I would stay away from anything at Walmart, certainly FRAM and even Mobil 1, which is all marketing.

You absolutely DO NOT need to buy OEM engine oil filters from Kia every time you change your engine oil.

·
Registered
2,751 Posts
There is nothing wrong with using aftermarket engine oil filters, so long as they are quality.

The best filters out there are WIX and WIX XP filters, they are trusted by mechanics as the best for the money.

I would stay away from anything at Walmart, certainly FRAM and even Mobil 1, which is all marketing.

You absolutely DO NOT need to buy OEM engine oil filters from Kia every time you change your engine oil.
True...but because I change my own oil I buy my Kia filters from the dealer (and I get them at lower cost then WIX filters) to keep a history of doing the oil changes should I need warranty services.

·
Registered
2010 Kia Forte Koup SX 2.4L 6MT Theta 2, Titanium silver metallic.
832 Posts
True...but because I change my own oil I buy my Kia filters from the dealer (and I get them at lower cost then WIX filters) to keep a history of doing the oil changes should I need warranty services.
I do the same. I buy them from Mike Shaw Kia. Just avoids problems as much as possible.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts