Kia Forte Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

2021 Forte EX. Brand new. 218km. Started making a squeaking noise when turning the wheel in either direction. It happens whether it's cold or hot, on any surface (dry, wet, concrete, asphalt). The noise is only audible from the inside, not the outside. It is audible whether or not the audio system is on or off, so it's not coming from the speakers. Sounds like it's coming from the right side behind the dashboard.

The dealer is telling me that this is normal and that Kia Canada is aware of this apparently common noise. This can't be right? It's a brand new car!

Another dealership says that it can take it apart to locate the noise but will require 3-4 days to diagnose and then will charge me for service if they find nothing. This is upsetting to me.

Can someone provide insight? Video attached below:

Thank you so much!

·
Registered
4 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you both! Very helpful. Will be doing that soon. Frustrating when it happens on a brand new car. When you say they replaced the steering, which part exactly? The steering column or the motor?

Assuming your noise stopped after that?

Thank you.

·
Registered
2010 Kia Forte Koup SX 2.4L 6MT Theta 2, Titanium silver metallic.
677 Posts
Had to use my headphones & volume up. I was gonna say brand new tires. Glad it was replaced motor assembly.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts