Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I picked up my new Koup SX last Monday. I get about 5Km from the dealership, and realize the gas light has come on. They let me drive off with the car with the tank completely empty! I called the sales guy and complained and they asked me come back in. He claimed the service dept. had lost the gas card, but offered to go with me to a gas station and promptly filled it up with $50 in gas.

I was driving around this week and we got a bit of rain so I wanted to clear some road spray. I go to hit the washer fluid and nothing comes out. They also left this completely empty.

I am just wondering what type of service is typically expected when you get a brand new car. Should this have been filled up for me upon pick-up?

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Everything in your car should have been full. Unfortunately our dealerships PDI services are pretty bad. That is why the few of us locally go to another dealership for service. PM me and I'll give you the details.

·
Registered
348 Posts
I would urge you to contact Kia Canada and let them know. Washer fluid fill is one of the items the tech is supposed to inspect and check off the list during PDI, and Kia is taking HUGE steps to make sure techs are doing their jobs. Kia is in the midst of a drive to improve public quality perception and perceived value - both count heavily to people driving off the lot in a 'perfect' vehicle. Kia may do something for you, but in the least they'll take a step toward helping that dealer to improve their delivery process.

Unfortunately, most dealerships (any brand) use the lowest paid guy in the shop to do their PDIs, and they are told to hammer them out ASAP. You get what you pay for... my dealership it's ONLY the top-level techs who do them. We have not had an apprentice do a PDI in over two years and as long as I have something to say about it, it'll never happen again.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the advice. I will give Kia Canada a call for sure. I will also check other fluid levels as I am sure if these were missed, other things were not done also.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
and if you wanna see the official PDI's they are on the kiatechinfo site-
Kia Global Information System (KGIS)

i'd def recommend signing up for that site-
its free-no spam-and damn-you got your hands on more info than you can imagine-
def spend time browsing around in there :)

oh yeah- in response to your failed PDI?-
ask to get a copy of it. you can see a copy of what it looks like on kiatech-then photocopy it and send it in when you get your survey from kia- if the big boys up top dont know about the shinannigans going on down below.......

·
Registered
973 Posts
I would urge you to contact Kia Canada and let them know. Washer fluid fill is one of the items the tech is supposed to inspect and check off the list during PDI, and Kia is taking HUGE steps to make sure techs are doing their jobs. Kia is in the midst of a drive to improve public quality perception and perceived value - both count heavily to people driving off the lot in a 'perfect' vehicle. Kia may do something for you, but in the least they'll take a step toward helping that dealer to improve their delivery process.

Unfortunately, most dealerships (any brand) use the lowest paid guy in the shop to do their PDIs, and they are told to hammer them out ASAP. You get what you pay for... my dealership it's ONLY the top-level techs who do them. We have not had an apprentice do a PDI in over two years and as long as I have something to say about it, it'll never happen again.
if only all dealerships operated like the one my Service Writing teacher used to work for: they had their own pdi dept, when he became the pdi manager the GM told him he would give him commission on anything he found wrong that would be considered the shipping company's fault. It was a ford dealership and they gave incentives and based inventory upon csi scores, so they made damn sure everything was perfect going off the lot.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.