Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering what kind of wax everyone uses. I personally have 4 or 5 different ones and none of them both look good AND last.

Right now on my car I have DuPont teflon spray wax. Leaves the paint slick as oiled glass but it doesnt last at all. One good rain and I have to reapply. Admitedly its super easy to apply but it gets expensive to rewax everytime the car gets wet or washed.

On the other end I have some 3M professional wax. Expensive stuff...doesnt shine like the dupont but it lasts 2 or 3 months. Really. Water will still bead up nicely even after a dozen washes...but it wont look as crisp if that makes sense.

·
Registered
166 Posts
NXT Generation® Tech Wax® 2.0 This is what I use very easy to work with and last enought and its doing a very good job, Ive also tried a lot of differents wax and this one seem to work better and leave no squirl marks

·
Registered
436 Posts
The best results I've ever had is when I apply Mother's FX Synwax and then apply Auto Magic #17 Carnauba on top of that - all done with a Porter Cable 7424 and a red Lake Country dual action pad. Excellent shine and it lasts a really long time.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
guess ill have to try the syn-waxes. All of the waxes I have are carnuba-based...i think anyhow.

Thanks for the advice...Im kinda picky about my vehicles and how I take care of them.

·
Registered
178 Posts
I usauly use the synthetic waxes, but a carnuba based was like McGuires is what we used to use at the detail center, but now i just used the original turtle wax and man I must say, talk about smooth, I have never felt another wax like this one, I highly recommend TURTLE wax, and just a hand wax applications..

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I used to have a can of Turtle Wax whipped paste wax. I have to admit that it DID last a loooong time....and water beaded on it so much it looked like tiny specks of water instead of drops.

The regular paste is kinda hard to remove though....hope they still make the whipped kind.

Im car-care OCD....big sterilite boxes full of waxes and polishes and detailing stuff lol

I used to use the Meguires Gold Class three-part system. Glossed like crazy but LOTS of work and it did not last.

·
Registered
178 Posts
I used to have a can of Turtle Wax whipped paste wax. I have to admit that it DID last a loooong time....and water beaded on it so much it looked like tiny specks of water instead of drops.

The regular paste is kinda hard to remove though....hope they still make the whipped kind.

Im car-care OCD....big sterilite boxes full of waxes and polishes and detailing stuff lol

I used to use the Meguires Gold Class three-part system. Glossed like crazy but LOTS of work and it did not last.
Agreed, it is a pain in the butt to take off the car....definitely need alot of elbow grease lol :D

·
Registered
533 Posts
I use mother's cleaning wax rub in compound with a 10" buffer...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts