Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 20 of 109 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am curious what most people are paying for their Koups. Did you pay Sticker, more, or less? I stopped and looked at one on my local dealer's lot and they actually had the price marked up $1,400 do to "market adjustments." Given the current economy, that definitely took me by surprise. Just curious what kind of deals everyone is getting. I didnt notice if the koup was an sx or not.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Got to edmunds.com and do a True Market Value Survey for your area. I paid 200.00 lower than the TMV for my area. I also made them take off the Dealer added crap b/c it was waaaaaaayy overpriced.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks..MSRP is 20,300 and 19600 is the TMV for my area. that dealer wanted 21,XXX and I am not sure it was even loaded with options...what crooks lol.

thanks for the information on the site.

·
Registered
7 Posts
DFW Area?

Has anyone purchased an SX Koup around the Dallas/Ft Worth area and could recommend a good dealer? I just moved here about six months ago and I'm not familiar with any of the dealers. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
14 Posts
21,495 for my SX auto with the extra warranties, oil changes for 5 years in Ontraio Canada

·
Registered
14 Posts
Anthony... it came in at 24 all said and done

Hammer your dealership for at least $500 off sticker before you even get going. They'll do it, at least they did for me. I got mine right when they came out, ended up waiting close to 3 months for my colour to come so be prepared for a bit of a wait if you are picky with colour

Hell of a car though, worth the wait!

·
Premium Member
395 Posts
If anyone is a COSTCO member, they have a auto buying program. Online you can pick out the car you want (make and model) and they will refer you to a dealer. You are suppose to get and pay the invoice price. I paid $195 (USD) over invoice according to my calculations. Still a great deal, and would never have gotten that price on my own. Add ons such as remote start and alarm I got at cost.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Weasel, was there any promotion impacting the price when you made your purchase?? Looking from the KIA website, with taxes and everything it comes to 27500~.

How did you bring the price down as much?

·
Registered
8 Posts
yeah! that's what i am saying!. whyklef is right. it's 27,500 (canadian Dollars) including freight and taxes. so i was wondering how did you got you'rs for a less 4,000 dollars

·
Registered
2 Posts
Ok so I bought my Forte Koup today... Won't be having it before a month and a half... minimum that is!

I pretty much paid the retail price + 7 per month and I got:

Koup SX Black
Key Starter
Sherlock Protection
Winter Tires + Winter Rims

I personally feels like I could've got more but I really had a great buying experience and being a salesman myself, I appreciated the professionalism of my salesman which was a thousand years more efficient then the first salesman I saw that tried to hustle me in charging me higher then retail.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I purchased my Koup SX on Dec 30th and paid $24,500. I became very aware that the dealership wasn't going to dicker on price because the car I bought was the only one available in Vancouver at the time and the demand is growing. Now that I've been driving it for a few days, I can see why. I love this car and it's around 5k less that a comparably priced Mazda 3 or Civic.

·
Registered
14 Posts
hey guys... the breakdown:
should have been 27,500 with the colour surcharge + taxes the whole deal

I got them to drop $500 off the bat from the sticker. I then worked in the oil changes and the extra warranty (the Kia official one where you get 2K back if you dont make a claim in 7 years) in exchange for $3000 cash down.

So i signed and drove for $3000 down and it came to approx $24,000 using the future financing

·
Registered
14 Posts
brutal credit after my old business went under... I was originally quoted 16% but shopped around to find 12.4%

It's a 60 over 80 future financing deal

good thing is I can re-finance after the 60 and should be in good shape to lower the rates by a ton then

1 - 20 of 109 Posts