Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone. Today while moving my car outa the driveway I noticed my clock display wasn't displaying the time or temperature. Instead it had like a large 'r' a '5' and what looked like a degree symbol to the top right of the 5. I thought maybe since I only moved my car back in the driveway and wasn't on for very long it was nothing, but it displayed the same thing tonight while I was taking it to work. Was wondering if anyone else had that problem? it's the 2011 manual EX Koup. Thinking there's a problem with the electrical unit or something but I'm not that knowledgable with cars hah. Thanks.

Nate

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
3,879 Posts
Maybe your clock was just cold...LoL!

Might be time for a visit to your dealer to have them take a look at it.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Those symbols are Korean for "Holy $&*!# it's cold"! :D

·
Registered
348 Posts
Do you have the "time and temp" display? I have noticed these in the '11s and we had a fun time of figuring out how to change from F to C for the PDI...

There is a little snowflake in the display, warning of possible icy conditions... I have not looked too much further into them, as the '11s are still pretty rare here but I will delve a little deeper into it the next time I am in one.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey was out of town past couple days and it still has the same display. nothing happens when I push the H and M buttons it still reads the same. I read teh manual it it says it should work for temperatures close to -60 so not sure it's the temperature. Once the christmas hustle is all over I'll be taking it to teh dealer. Was curious if anyone else had clock display problems. And ya figuring out how to change it to Celcius for us Canadians is impossible lol I just gave up haha.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hey guys I just wanted to chime in and say that my 11 manual koup is doing pretty much the same thing. It is stuck on 17:59 36*. What is more troubling is the fact that the display stays on even after turning the car off and getting out. Guess I will be calling the dealer :(

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'm a total noob when it comes to this stuff... but which fuse exactly do I pull? none of them are labelled except for numbers

·
Registered
19 Posts
It's the "memory fuse" in the interior fuse box right next to the driver's side door hinge. You have to open the drivers side door in order to remove the fuse cover. In there, there's a fuse in the middle that has a plastic piece surrounding it. That's the memory fuse, just pull it until the fuse pops out about 0.5 inches, wait about 10 seconds, then push it back in. That'll reset the clock.

My clock/temp thing froze one day and all I did was pull the fuse to reset it.

·
Registered
17 Posts
i had this issue 6 times now, in 8 weeks of ownership - my dealer opened a ticket with KIA (they had seen it before, not just on mine) and KIA sent reset instructions to the dealership that were a little more involved than pulling the "memory fuse" - i am only 8 days into that reset though but it has not frozen since...

·
Registered
604 Posts
My 2011 Sedan EX did the same thing at 1:59. Kinda odd that they do it during the 59th minute of the hour. Gonna go pull a memory fuse now. Thanks Guys!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Temp Display

Does anyone know where the temp module for the outside temp display is located? I've heard anywhere to under the front bumper to under the rear bumper!

Thanks!

·
Registered
21 Posts
There's actually a recall here in Canada. I'm getting mine serviced on Thursday.

I've never noticed this problem btw. I'm driving a 2011 EX.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts