Kia Forte Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well Just spent half my off day at the dealership.

Broken Overhead Console..

Rattling in headliner..

Sagging driver door..

Broken Sunroof...
wind deflector and sunshades..

All on order have to wait a week for it all to come in...
UGH...... I love my KOUP but this is all frustrating me...

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
I'm sure everyone feels your pain...as long as it gets fixed right and you get to go on your merry way it'll be alright.

Good luck!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Defects i guess idk it was nothing i did i barely us the sunroof.. the overhead consoles been loose and a the headliners been rattling since i got it..

·
Registered
32 Posts
I have the sagging door problem and my dealership says they can't duplicate the problem.. So when I got home, I recorded video of my door not closing... and when it did close, I had to press the glass to get it to pop into place. Which was why I had leak issues, which they supposidly couldn't duplicate either... I've gone to the dealer 3 times and am not wasting another trip. (hour drive for me) I have a few more problems to record before I waste another day.

I feel you man... I love my Koup too, and these minor defects should be fixed sooner than what some of the dealers are doing.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Unfortunately we all got the first waves of our new rides so we get to be the guinea pigs and find all the problems for them to fix so the next batch is better... Good and bad as we have killer rides but all the first issues.... I hope I don't find too much to go wrong...

·
Registered
35 Posts
I had a issuse with my alignment from day one that the dealer couldnt find in the 4 days they had it . i took it and ended up fixing it myself and the dealer paid me to do it .

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
wow dude they told me the exact same thing ab the door they cant duplicate the sagging im waiting for it to scratch some paint off so they can see it is...this cars been out almost a year in korea honestly no excuse for the defects a car is a car no matter how new or old it is.. a defect is a defect and poor quality shows theyve done a great job ill admit that.. but its ab the engineering they put into the small parts that matter and make the car last the part that screwed up the sunroof was a glide for the sunshade that broke off from failure of a plastic heat weld they did on the plastic so they decided they would replace the whole sunroof.. then they said that the sunroof was the reason the overhead console was cracked and why there was rattling in the headliner on well i just need to vent after spending an entire day there and not making any progress on the fix other than the dealer ordering all the parts.. they dont stock the parts because theyve never worked on one before.... so i wait patiently lmao

·
Registered
166 Posts
there is a recall for the sunroof I dont know what is it but they told me its gonna be fixed.

all these recalls make me perplex on this brand (kia) I wasn't sure if its was a good idea to go with this :( by the way I LOve my koup sx but the front bumper have A LOT of stone chips on it like a 300 000 kms car, the hood don't have anything :( I expect this to be a paint problem I hope the dealer will fix it

1 - 12 of 12 Posts