Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All, Today, on the way home, I went to change the track on my mp3 and it went down instead of up; like from track 3 to track 2, when i wanted to go from 3 to 4. So i hit the up button, hoping that they had just messed up, and it switches to radio -.- So now my buttons are all mixed up, and are set up like this:

Button on wheel What it now does
UP...............................Down
DOWN..........................MODE
MODE...........................Mute
VOLUME UP....................Nothing?
VOLUME DOWN...............Volume down :D
MUTE............................Volume up.

What is going on? :( And does anyone else have this problem?
Any help is much appreciated :)

·
Registered
289 Posts
Hi All, Today, on the way home, I went to change the track on my mp3 and it went down instead of up; like from track 3 to track 2, when i wanted to go from 3 to 4. So i hit the up button, hoping that they had just messed up, and it switches to radio -.- So now my buttons are all mixed up, and are set up like this:

Bring it in and they will Flash the software.

·
Registered
519 Posts
I have the same problem plus some i was going to make my own thread but i guess ill just jump in on this one.... =]

SOOOOO..
DOWN..........................Volume Up
VOLUME UP....................Volume Down
MUTE............................Mode

Also my Sirus has not been getting signal.... anywhere brought it in about the sirus they got me a radio.... 3 weeks later after they broke the one i had so i had no radio... with new radio i get signal in some spots and by some i mean maybe 2 or 3 areas.... also when im listening to my ipod it wil change itself without warming to sirus or FM tuner even tho i didnt change mode... other times it will say Comm Error (Communication Error) and will change. Its possible its my ipod because i havent check out any other ipod but its really annoying because it does it every couple minutes to the point i drive with my finger on the Mode button. im taking it in tomorrow hopfully they can fix it and ill let you know what they did.... i no i am getting a new antenna but idk about the button stuff yet...

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry to hear about that Dif. It sounds like you have both hardware and software issues :/ However, My buttons work now, because when I went to school in the morning, all the buttons worked as they should :) I guess my electric system got a cold chill lol :)

·
Registered
519 Posts
somedays the buttons work and somedays they dont.... just keep an eye on it.... you only have 10 yrs 100,000 miles haha

·
Registered
519 Posts
of course steering wheel controls/ipod hook up magically started working day i brought it in but they did replace antenna and now Sirus works!!

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
of course steering wheel controls/ipod hook up magically started working day i brought it in but they did replace antenna and now Sirus works!!
Yea, Mine works like 3/4 of the time lol Next time it acts up, Ill take it in. :)
Thats great that Sirius works now!

·
Registered
230 Posts

Hey Mine just started to do exactly the same thing.....tanking her in soon to get it fixed I hope? :-(

·
Registered
230 Posts
Dealers response

Hey Mine just started to do exactly the same thing.....tanking her in soon to get it fixed I hope? :-(
Dealer spent almost 2 hours with it having it work then not and back an forth. the outcome was I am getting a new stereo? Thats what they said the controls are good! its the stereo. Hmmm expensive error LOVE THE WARRANTY. :) :) :) :) :) :):) :):)

·
Registered
43 Posts
I too have this issue. Sometimes it also detects volume down as me pressing the phone button.
I have that problem too - it's been like 100 plus degrees here in Texas though - the problem goes away after the car cools down and I fool with the buttons a bit. Still annoying though - will take it in eventually if it gets worse...

·
Registered
524 Posts
Dealer spent almost 2 hours with it having it work then not and back an forth. the outcome was I am getting a new stereo? Thats what they said the controls are good! its the stereo. Hmmm expensive error LOVE THE WARRANTY. :) :) :) :) :) :):) :):)
see if u can getthe 2012 Bluetooth uvo... Its pimp.

·
Registered
230 Posts
New Stereo In Stock/Install on Thursday

see if u can get the 2012 Bluetooth uvo... Its pimp.

OK after 3 days they have it in stock. Too bad I was not on the ball to ask for the upgrade but if it happens again you can bet I will ask and I will get it ( I have sold 4 Kias since I bought my car) they like me. :D

·
Registered
230 Posts
All Fixed

OK after 3 days they have it in stock. Too bad I was not on the ball to ask for the upgrade but if it happens again you can bet I will ask and I will get it ( I have sold 4 Kias since I bought my car) they like me. :D

Ya they gave me a new stereo, all better now. Thanks warranty, Teh dealer was good to deal with and no hassell process

·
Registered
4 Posts
Sounds like trouble

Yep KIA FORTE 5 2011, same problem as you are reporting I just told dealer, any idea what the warranty is on the audio system.:mad:

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am also having this problem, have a 2011 Forte and the problem started about 8 months after we got it. So for the past 3 years I have been telling them about it only to be told they can't replicate the problem so it can't be fixed. ????
I am going to take this list for them to see, maybe it will help.......they had better cover it since I have been asking them to fix it for so long, we are way past the 36000 km :/

·
Registered
604 Posts
My last Koup (2011) did this a few times. I'd volume up or down and it would toggle my phone. Never happened enough for me to bring it in though. I don't think my girlfriend's Sedan (2011) ever had this issue. My 2013 has yet to act up and I'm pretty sure hers hasn't either.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
604 Posts
Vous voulez être bénis d'apercevoir robinetterie-baignoire que vous pouvez accepter une ablution orné dans votre maison à un prix abordable. Par les dépenses douche un peu ajouté de l'argent, vous pouvez tranquillement obtenir une ablution de vos rêves après avoir douche-robinetterie-douche accepté extravagant.
Translates to: You can accept a ablution decked out in your home at an affordable price. Shower by spending a little added money, you can safely get your dream ablution after-shower faucet shower accepted extravagant."

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Reactions: s.f.c.hooligan
1 - 20 of 20 Posts