Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi Guys!

thanks for the replies for my previous thread.

So i am going to go for the EX manual with Tech Pkg

I never bought a car and it will be my first actual car that I will own.
I am still saving up and thinking about putting about $5000 as down probably in another month or two or three LOL

I want my monthly payment to be about $200-$300 a month
question: is a penalty for paying it off earlier than the finance term (say 36 months)?

also how does auto insurance work? should i get auto insurance before i get the car?

i live in NYC, i will be shopping around in NY and PA (would that make any difference if i get a car in another state, but still register under NY?)

i've been reading the forum and saw people buying the SX for like $18k pretty much fully-loaded

question is how much should i be paying for the EX with tech pkg?

i see the 10 year warranty
but it break downs to certain things which i am not familiar with the terms at all...even googling them i get confused what is what

if someone can tell me in newbie terms to understand i would def. appreciated

also i just read somewhere that the EX doesn't have the temp gauge?? is this a real problem?

i know i have some more questions, but for now i'll just post this...im at work while doing this LOL...this forum is so addictive

·
Premium Member
859 Posts
Alright I mentioned this a ton of times in forums before but I'll bring it up again..

Go to Consumer Reports: Expert product reviews and product Ratings from our test labs and the website will list the real price of the car, all of the packages / options you can add onto the car and the price most other people have paid for the car.

Plus if you show your dealer the consumerreports on your 2011 EX with the Tech package the dealership will know they can't screw you as easily because you have the actual price of the car and packages. Trust me, that site really helps you out when you're buying a brand new car. Also, compare the cost of your EX with an SX and see what comes up on that site.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks

i went on amex zag and got a pricing on it

the price is attached..it doesn't seem right

$18,500 after $1000 incentive for EX auto tech pkg/sunroof...is this a good deal?

i hear people in this forum getting SX fully loaded with that cost

i was hoping to pay around $17,500, anyone thinks that's do-able?

Attachments

2,213 Posts
Buy in NJ. I live in NYC and got my koup sx for 16.5k before taxes in NJ. Towne Kia. They're really good. What you also do is go on line and look for the capital one auto financing check. It's an automatic 2k off at specific dealers. Towne Kia being one of them. Tell them you have the capital one blank check thing, then they'll match it thru thier finance company and your payments should be about 250 a month around.

·
Premium Member
1,623 Posts
I used Truecar.com also. I went in, said "this is what others are paying, here is what I will pay for the car you have on the lot".
Don't EVER let them use the "what payment will get you in this car".
Have good credit! Get the lowest price and then work out the financing.
Also might not be a bad idea to have a pre-approved auto loan in your pocket if the dealer won't give you a good rate.

I don't know what the "Tech Package" is, but around Saint Louis, you can pick up the Auto EX 2011 for $16,781 and SX Auto for $18,135.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Buy in NJ. I live in NYC and got my koup sx for 16.5k before taxes in NJ. Towne Kia. They're really good. What you also do is go on line and look for the capital one auto financing check. It's an automatic 2k off at specific dealers. Towne Kia being one of them. Tell them you have the capital one blank check thing, then they'll match it thru thier finance company and your payments should be about 250 a month around.
(K), did you get manual and what options did you get?
You had to pay the NY sales tax, right?

I used Truecar.com also. I went in, said "this is what others are paying, here is what I will pay for the car you have on the lot".
Don't EVER let them use the "what payment will get you in this car".
Have good credit! Get the lowest price and then work out the financing.
Also might not be a bad idea to have a pre-approved auto loan in your pocket if the dealer won't give you a good rate.

I don't know what the "Tech Package" is, but around Saint Louis, you can pick up the Auto EX 2011 for $16,781 and SX Auto for $18,135.
to be honest, i am not sure how my credit is
did you show the dealer the printout of truecar.com or you just said it?

2,213 Posts
It's a koup sx 6spd man fully loaded except leather. But it's a 2010, not a 2011 so it doesn't have the gps and all that. I paid the NY taxes, it came out to 18.5k with tax and title.

·
Premium Member
1,623 Posts
Yup, I took that printout in to them. They came right down to that price. Then I bargained for the tint, paint protection and for them to do a nitro fill on the tires.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanks! i actually decided on getting a manual...i guess i will learn while driving off the lot LMAO

Staten Island also LOL

2,213 Posts
Stay away from the Kia dealership on the island lol they wanted 22k for a koup ex with nothing in it, fully loaded sx in NJ for 6 grand less. You'll see my car around. It's one of like 3 forte Koups on the island, but mine looks nothing like a forte anymore lol. Plus you'll hear it a mile away. There's actually a meet this Saturday right over the Bayonne bridge. You should come check it out. See other members, get some ideas on mods.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i'll see if i can come by, but im usually busy on saturdays and not on the island...the island is so boring lol

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
so the dealership on the island won't budge even if you show them papers of how much it cost and such?

i'll shop around...but im worried about getting a manual car back home if i buy it from PA or NJ lol...

i never drove a manual..the next closest thing to learning it was watching a bunch of tutorial on youtube lol

2,213 Posts
Ummmm lol idk if a brand new car is a good place to learn to drive manual. I know they have drivers ed that teaches you how to drive stick. You want a sedan or a koup?

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
koup

richmond ave is just horrible with the road lol

i think i can manage to pick it up within an hour of testing the car

i mean i have to get the car back home one way or another lol

·
Premium Member
859 Posts
None of us have the tech package if we own a 2010.

The tech package is new to the 2011 Sedans and Koups. I paid $17,480 for my 2010 Koup SX 6 Speed Manual [Sunroof, Leather, Autodim mirror w/ compass and homelink]

For a 2010, that's fully loaded. So I'm going to go on a limb and say that the tech package should put your 2011 around $17,900. Look at it this way, it's a navigation system from Kia that's made by Microsoft. I'm sure the navigation unit isn't worth more than $500.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
i just realized, manual cars won't have the tech pkg anyways LOL
well that saves me money
and to be honest, i don't need the GPS..i rather buy a 4.3" GPS with lifetime traffic lol

·
Premium Member
859 Posts
Personally I'd like to have the UVO system in my Koup because it does make the dashboard a lot more engaging and nice to look at. But from another perspective is that you really don't need it. For example I have a portable GPS and I use my iPod touch. Would I like to have it? Absolutely. Can I do without it? Yes.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts