Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
To me, dealers charging for this service is something that is really not necessary. Although, I'm sure the dealers would disagree, as it does take up their time and they need to be compensated for their time and (work?). If it is the dealers fault, such as a dealer that has delivered a vehicle without a working key transmitter, then they should certainly provide programming at no cost. Of course, if you are trying to get the key programmed at a dealership that you haven't purchased the vehicle from or whatever, then I can certainly see them charging for the service, however, it is usually something that is fairly simple and most diy'ers can do themselves. I haven't done my kia yet, however, I have done many other vehicles and it is usually not very complicated. I googled "GDS programming remote for kia" and came up with this site...although I haven't tried it... so give it a shot b4 spending 50 bux at a dealership. Please let me know how you make out.
http://www.ehow.com/how_5839672_program-keyless-kia-remote.html

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.