Kia Forte Forum banner

Projector Headlights

16K views 28 replies 20 participants last post by  PaULiM 
#1 ·
I personally am bummed that Kia didn't use projector headlights. I was driving the other day and noticed that even the toyota matrix has them. Also they are safer and more luxurious looking. IMO. I can't wait till companies start making this stuff. But honestly I hate waiting... and waiting. If I can get 20 people to buy projector headlights, then I think the Tarmac Kia guys can help. So I will be the first to sign up.

1 Order for KIA Forplay

#2 ·
agree 100% with ya bro. i think it looks cleaner with projectors. IMO, kia rushed the forte koup and put it on the market too soon and didnt have it prepared like, say, a civic si. i think kia should have waited til they made a lip kit, projectors, etc.. as an option on the car before they put it on the market. if the civic si wasnt so damn expensive, i would have gotten one of them BUT the koup is much more affordable so there ya go lol sorry for the ramble but totally agree with you. if you find any, lemme know! ^_^

#4 ·
Is a cleaner, brighter, high intensity discharge kit not a decent alternative? I know my lights arent being directed through a lens but my 6,000k HIDs look sick.

#7 ·
the projectors do throw a nice beam of light... I had the aftermarket projectors on my 95 Honda accord (my previous car) w/ halos 5,000k... that shiz looks sooooooo sweet...

#8 ·
I'm sorry, i don't know much about these. Would you want to put an HID in a projector? The same dope light, projected?

#9 · (Edited)
Check out lightwerkz.net go into gallery and look for Forte. HID Projector Headlight Retrofit for Subaru, Honda, BMW, Scion and More | LightWerkz.net

I have emailed them to make your lights like the one in the pictures its about $1000. To rich for my blood, but I did find someone locally who could do it for about $550.

Here is the email repsonse I got back from Lightwerkz:

"Hi Jamie
You would need to provide us with the headlights.
We have all sorts of projector options.
Labor runs $600 on this model.
Projectors run anywhere from $175-$410. Shrouds are an extra $80 if you want them to look like the ones in the gallery.
The HID system is $189 and the wiring harness is $50.
Painting is generally $100 extra. "

#12 · (Edited)
yeah but they look sick as hell.

@YL Groper: reason for projectors is so you do not blind people with the glare from HID in reflector housing. The projectors are designed to have proper cutoffs. Just google "projector cutoff" and you will see the difference.

#17 ·
Good god, projectors on our cars looks so DAMN SEXY! :D Dear lord, I need a lighting guru to help me retrofit projectors... I'd never spend 1000+ for headlights....

#21 ·
ouch you can get them on ebay for 120 shipped.. I have them for my saturn sc2 .. they are great units.. they have a G3 versions which supposedly have a better (wider) beam.. however they have an E pattern instead of a Z beam.. (this can be easily fixed though)

the g1 version is great though i love them :cool: I posted those a while ago in the 35$ audi mod thread

#20 ·
#24 ·
i am waiting for something that looks a bit more stock. I want it to look pretty much exactly like the stock headlights however projector and white Hids, to give it the German look. :)

#26 ·
I retroed my old car and was very happy with the results. I used fx-r projector assemblies from www.theretrofitsource.com/ with HIDS from www.vvme.com and didnt look back :)
retroing headlights is easy given the time and resources. Ill probably make a set for the forte too but once prices for headlights come down a bit :)... or kia makes em :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.