Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Note:Updated POST with second set is on page 3 ->PERMALINK.

GTA Info: Yes Im working with a retrofitter and will have alot of info for you in lets say less that two weeks.

Parts: Morimoto Mini H1 Projectors + E46 Shrouds + Morimoto 35W HID Kit w/ harness (H1 Morimoto Bulbs)
Lights: Koup Headlights -Painted Satin Black + custom reflector to stay legal.

Tip: Avoid using DDM bulbs for projectors they run too hot. ballasts are fine just get good bulbs.

Some pics.. Enjoy... P.s. all the "etceteras" going in the headlights are not finished or seen here.

Custom Reflector

E46 Shroud (not finished the mounting or design)

Headon (BEFORE aligning!!)

At the wall (while aligning)

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Very Nice!!! I'm really loving this look!
Good job so far :)

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
@KilledInAction.,.hids will work ofcourse! just that the bulbs that DDM sells run way too hot so when you guys are looking at retrofitting you will need to get new bulbs to fit which ever projector you get.. the ones i have are H1 for the Morimotos from retrofirsource and the fact is that you should order bulbs from retrofitsource as the 10$ H1 bulbs DDM will sell you are too cheap and run too hot .. *can cause shroud problems down the road..

·
Registered
431 Posts
Looking great so far, ofcourse needs alignment, and also the cutoff is simply amazing.. :) but is it supposed to have a higher cutoff on the right side? as opposed to having it on the left side? Dunno I might be wrong.

·
Registered
318 Posts
thats awesome! this is the only way i will put hids in my car is if i get the projectors

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks man.. yeah I wasnt going to install HIDs till I got the projectors... but I did install Mains and they looked awesome.. even without projectors!

·
Registered
318 Posts
how much are you spending and wheres the links to get all of this?????

·
Registered
708 Posts
nice man.. i'm liking them alot.. those morimoto H1 minis are great compact projectors..

thats also the first time i've liked the E46 shroud on a retro fit it works nice with the forte headlights

·
Premium Member
187 Posts
That just looks TOTALLY outstanding!

Can hardly wait to see the finished product!

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
@elecblue06 - yeah when I saw how wide our reflector was I knew the shroud had to be a big chrome one and thats the E-46 for ya.. and the H1 minis are great they dont stick outta the back at all!..

@Thunderbuck Thanks!.. its coming along but hard to do when I have to commute to work and only have 1 day weekends!..

·
Registered
708 Posts
if i ever have to rip apart my headlights in my dd again after installing the G1 pnp projectors the H1 minis are going in

·
Registered
589 Posts
Thumbs up. Good job man! I'm really liking those E46 shrouds. It seems like they fill the reflector housing a litter better than the mini gatlings (like on mine). Come spring, I'll be doing a few little upgrades to mine. Perhaps new shrouds and/or a custom shroud design and probably gonna paint the insides black as well. I think it would complement my black Koup nicely.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
yeah man definitely paint them black.. i looked at getting the full size gattling but the diameter was too big for our lights (i wanted to get CCFLs and put them inside the slots!).. oh well. .. a custom shroud would be sick!

1 - 20 of 69 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.