Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well ive been doing some research and i havent really understood it. but what is the benefit of adding projectors to your car other than they create a nice clean line of light??? Do they turn out brighter or whats the deal

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Proper way of adding hid so you do not blind people with glare. Plus you get focused light in stead of scattered.

·
Registered
431 Posts
^^ Adding to that.

A more evenly brighter light vs HID in reflectors which have brightness in some spot only due to HIDs not engineered to be installed in reflectors.

Lower heat than your Halogens (35W or 55W vs 60W+) which means a cooler housing.

Be wary of cheap projectors, if you want to retrofit some, get them off another car, like a BMW E55 Set or Acura TSX Set.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thx, is there a specific site that i could go to or do i need to get them off of another car???

·
Registered
431 Posts
Thx, is there a specific site that i could go to or do i need to get them off of another car???
You can retrofit it yourself. But I would seriously advice you if you don't have any knowledge of how to do that, then don't bother. You will end up ruining your stock headlights. There are companies all over the web who can retrofit projectors. I was over at the IS forums, and one company that did great was flashtech.

FLASHTECH - The leader in automotive lighting and accessories.

Contact Steve. Then you can ask him about quotes and stuff.

Or if you wanna retrofit them, then this is best place I found.

The Retrofit Source online: headlight upgrades for all applications

If you require any more info, let me know.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nope wont even attempt to do it myself, if i get it done, but thanks for the contact, much appreciated.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Lightwekz has done a KIA Forte Koup before. They cost almost 1400 US. Look in their gallery on their website. I have already inquired about it.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Lightwekz has done a KIA Forte Koup before. They cost almost 1400 US. Look in their gallery on their website. I have already inquired about it.
Not worth 1400$ with the pics in the gallery im seeing. Is300s running at E55 Bixenon with custom black chrome and clear side indicators cost half that.

·
Registered
708 Posts
yea light werkz does great work but is way over priced.. really if you have patience theres no reason you cant do it yourself

·
Registered
589 Posts
It's true. patience is the greatest factor here...along with a little bit of handy man knowledge. Check out theretrofitsrouce.com for the parts. I did mine a few months back and couldn't be happier. Check out my post in the Forte Koup appearance section.

all in all it cost me roughly $250 for everything. (maybe even a little cheaper)

·
Registered
769 Posts
it looks nice but ill wait till they make them lol, too much work for me. Im sure theres SOME company out there thats workin up somethin, until then ill just keep my HIDs angled downward or smoke out the headlights a little

·
Registered
431 Posts
it looks nice but ill wait till they make them lol, too much work for me. Im sure theres SOME company out there thats workin up somethin, until then ill just keep my HIDs angled downward or smoke out the headlights a little
Wait for what? Cheap knockoff projectors off ebay? Don't waste your money bro, they almost always have some plastic cutout as the projector, the cutoff isnt bright, condensation builds up like mad crazy when it rains, and it seems dimmer than true projectors, just to name a few problems.

Lightwerkz did a version costing about 1400 dollars.. too much imo, but their work is great, I would still suggest getting someone to do it for you, who has the patience and some expertise :).

·
Registered
769 Posts
Wait for what? Cheap knockoff projectors off ebay? Don't waste your money bro, they almost always have some plastic cutout as the projector, the cutoff isnt bright, condensation builds up like mad crazy when it rains, and it seems dimmer than true projectors, just to name a few problems.

Lightwerkz did a version costing about 1400 dollars.. too much imo, but their work is great, I would still suggest getting someone to do it for you, who has the patience and some expertise :).
No lol i mean like company made OEM replacements, not retros haha, im sure SOMEONE will figure it out that we want projectors

·
Registered
708 Posts
No lol i mean like company made OEM replacements, not retros haha, im sure SOMEONE will figure it out that we want projectors
no offense but i'm not sure what your saying.. your saying NOT retros.. and NOT ebay ones?

am i the only one confused ?

·
Premium Member
187 Posts
no offense but i'm not sure what your saying.. your saying NOT retros.. and NOT ebay ones?

am i the only one confused ?
I think he's saying that if enough of us wanted them, that someone out there might make a pair of decent projectors for the Forte. Either that, or Kia will offer them and we can hopefully fit them.

If that is what he means, then I'm there too :)

·
Registered
431 Posts
I think he's saying that if enough of us wanted them, that someone out there might make a pair of decent projectors for the Forte. Either that, or Kia will offer them and we can hopefully fit them.

If that is what he means, then I'm there too :)
what I understood by OEM means Kia will produce a set.. sooner or later.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts